Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,809   Online: 1085

Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202464 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    It was cold enough this afternoon at the south-west corner of Canada that I decided to do up my jacket.

The high temperature at the airport today was 7 Celsius (45 F).

Toronto, Ontario, Canada is considerably south of us here (about the same latitude as southern Oregon). This morning it was -23 Celsius (-9 F) there.

It got up to -30 Celsius this morning in Yellowknife.
    It was a little chillier just north of you, Matt. At Barnet Marine Park this afternoon (3:00 pm-ish), I had to pull on some Polartec 200 fleece (Thank you LL Bean) so that I could be comfortable shooting at the water's edge. No doubt, down in Steveson tomorrow am, the same clothing will be pressed into service (brrr...not).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As long as I have a chance to get used to it, I can handle it fairly cold. Even around 0 F recently didn't feel too bad. But when it's both windy and cold, then I give in and put on the long undies (though under ripped jeans) and many layers of tops. My lungs give out first (asthma sucks), but I've been doing ok this winter. I haven't had time to get out and shoot, though - that'll be the real test. Just check the recent temps for southwest Iowa - mostly single digits (except last Saturday - 50s ) and some nasty cold windy stuff coming this Sun - Tues.
    Stay warm all you guys who aren't used to cold!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It was 30 below last night, and 32 below a few nights ago. I expect Sunday night will be at least 35 below. Fun stuff, if you're a snowflake.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here in the Ottawa area the news stations are saying that for the last 2 days straight, we have been colder than the South Pole. That is an amazing thing to hear when you grew up in Southern California, Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember though, it's summer at the South Pole right now. Does that make you feel a little better?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let me give you a view about my country Turkey. Its a rectangular geography and upper and lower side is covered with very high and long mountains. And east of the rectangular is covered with mountains also. Our North is Russia and Ukraine and there are 300 days snpw or rainfall at northern region. Its like canada, all covered with high trees and people grows tea , honey, corn, and there are big fishing goes on Black Sea.
    Black Sea is one of the most stormy sea in the world and there is a special boat type at here , wider and higher and deeper groove than most Alaska boats.

South is Med and there is a mountain group called Taurus Mountains. We call Med , WhiteSea opposite to Black Sea at the North and every year 25 million tourists visit there. Beatiful place and snow is rare.
    East is 3000 -5000 meters high and generally minus 25 degrees at winter. Erzurum , Van , Agri , Muş , Tatvan are the among the coldest.
    There are more than 1 million refugees living in south east and its a very tough life. They are at Syrian Border.
    West is Aegean and Izmir ,Istanbul and Trakya , 10 celcius at winter time and extremelly tourist magnet place.
    Middle is flat and cold , capital city Ankara is there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    At Christmastime I noted to my Dad at how northerners move south, but had never heard of it happening in reverse. I guess it happens, but I've never heard of it. It's COLD up there. I don't see how you all can take it. But I guess once it gets below about 20, you can't tell any real difference.
    Minus 26f overnight. That measured on an accurate thermometer, not read off a computer or TV screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Fun stuff, if you're a snowflake.
    Interesting that L.A. has flakes everywhere, yet it never snows.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now (3:15pm) it's approaching +30f.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Interesting that L.A. has flakes everywhere, yet it never snows.
    I thought it was nuts... they tipped the continent and the nuts rolled out there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin