Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,688   Posts: 1,482,366   Online: 746

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516171819202125 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Believe me, L.A. has the whole granola...

Though compared to SF and the East Bay, it's almost normal...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    In my longish lifetime, I have been outdoors in temperatures that ranged from -45 C (-50 F in International Falls, MN) to +45 C (Saudi Arabia, which does not use Fahrenheit, since then it would seem hot). Note that digital cameras are only rated for use from 0 C to +40 C, which could inhibit ones vacation choices when skiing or beachgoing in the tropics.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The temperature of my back porch under translucent plastic roof sheeting hit 122F (50 Celcius exactly!) at 11 am yesterday. Worries? Nope, I cranked up the aircon and couched down to watch the Australia versus England test cricket on TV. The heatwave continues. The aircon is still on.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The greatest heat I've ever been in was 123F (hottest recorded) in Palm Springs, Ca., Aug. 1, 1993. As I was still young enough to be young and stupid, I decided for the hell of it (damn near literally) to go all out and experience maximum heat by riding out there from here on my motorcycle AND wearing shorts (the only time I ever wore shorts while riding a motor cycle). The heat coming off the engine was almost unbearable. I returned home by the mountain route up out of Palm Desert called Palms to Pines Highway. I stopped in the mountain town of Idyllwild to drink about a gallon of iced tea, and as I sat on the deck of the little cafe, the 90 degree heat there felt downright cool.
    Last edited by lxdude; 01-05-2014 at 02:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here in central Illinois we're under a winter storm warning. Supposed to have a high temperature Monday of -6 degrees Fahrenheit. They're saying coldest temperatures in the last 20 years. Oh yeah and may get 8 inches(20 cm?) of snow by midnight Monday.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Strange Centigrade/Fahrenheit fact:

In the UK, we tend to use Fahrenheit for warm summer temperatures and Centigrade for cold weather I suppose the higher Fahrenheit numbers make it seem warmer than it is and having the freezing point at zero in Centigrade makes sense.

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    30 below right now. It's so cold can't turn off the hot water heat to the darkroom or the pipes will freeze where they pass through the garage, so being upstairs with one small window and plenty of snow insulating the roof my darkroom is the warmest room in the house right now. Guess I know what I'll be doing today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Oh goody, freezing rain followed by yet another deep freeze here.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are supposed to get -22*F (-30*C) temp this evening in Minnesota, with wind chills down to -50*F (-44*C) possible. Tomorrow even colder.

I've been spoiled having spent the last two weeks in Southern Sweden, Denmark, and Northern Germany, with weather continuously in the 40*F (about 5*C to 10*C) range. There was rain and wind as the worst elements.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wish you people up in the northeastern part of the country would hurry up and have a warm spell. We can't until you do.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin