Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,646   Online: 787

Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's all screwy. It was -40F/C, tomorrow it is supposed to be +6C, then the temperature dives again. I hope I don't get skin reticulation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    It's all screwy. It was -40F/C, tomorrow it is supposed to be +6C, then the temperature dives again. I hope I don't get skin reticulation.
    I've heard that hurts.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The world must be upside down. Normally, this time of year where I live (Helsinki) we have -15C and a meter of snow and ice. Now it seems like our normal winter weather is in the US and we enjoy a mild +5C day after day.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Pouring rain, ferocious winds and about 8°C, which is set to continue for the next few days?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice sunny afternoon yesterday but normal service resumed today.....I've still managed to shoot half a roll of XP2 so far this year though!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    When I told my Japanese technical colleagues that I had walked to school (in Duluth, MN) at -40 degrees, they asked "F or C" and I replied, "yes".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFox View Post
    When I told my Japanese technical colleagues that I had walked to school (in Duluth, MN) at -40 degrees, they asked "F or C" and I replied, "yes".
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    74F today but, gasp, we should be down to 66F on the 9th!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I see a cold front known as a "polar vortex" is expected to hit dozens of states across the United States over the next 72 hours. Have some of you guys got some plans to cope with this?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I see a cold front known as a "polar vortex" is expected to hit dozens of states across the United States over the next 72 hours. Have some of you guys got some plans to cope with this?
    It's 5 F here now and expected to stay below 0 tomorrow. With wind chills, it's about -15 and only getting colder.
    My plan is to not open any windows.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin