Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,487   Posts: 1,571,321   Online: 872

Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920212223242868 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Again the high today will only be 66F

Dave
    Having much Tule fog?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    14 below this morning. Got myself bundled up and took the dog for a 30 minute walk. He didn't seem to mind.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    No that gets very cold 32.1 F
    It is very bad new for us as there is no rain here so be luck to have snow & rain

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Having much Tule fog?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Today +6C but very windy with gusts up to 60mph apparently and still a lot of ice around because of the freezing rain last night. From my office window overlooking a large parking lot I just watched one parked car slide sideways into another parked car.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was -11 at 8am, but is up to 0 now. One of our remaining dogs is 100lbs of white fluffy mutt who looks a little like a husky or malamute mix. Even he isn't staying outside longer than he really needs to. The other one (yellow lab / terrier; 50 lbs) wants in almost as soon as he goes out. It's also pretty windy here. I don't have an anemometer, but the nearest airport is claiming 12-29 mph winds and a wind chill of -18F.
    We didn't get any precipitation, though. Schools were closed today and have a 2 hour delay tomorrow.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    -11f, -36 with the wind chill 30mph winds.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    It was cold back when you were walking to school in 1885, the last time Duluth hit -40.
    So says the NWS website, with -39 F in 1972 and 1996, but I clearly remember the radio weather report before I left home that cold frosty morning. Must have been 1962 or 1963. Note that the airport is way up on the hill, and I lived down below.

Meanwhile, today would have set a new record for lowest high temperature in Chicago, except that the temperature was falling at midnight and the official high temperature therefore was set at 12:01 AM.

Shooter
    Large Format
    In pondering this long thread, it has caused me to wonder about the size of the HVAC systems in the production buildings at Kodak Park. Think about it. If you work for the average small company, bitterly cold weather probably also meant a nippy workday in the building. But at Kodak, if it was 40 below 0 outside for days on end, it surely had to stay correct in the buildings. Don't you know those HVAC units had to chug away sometimes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFox View Post
    So says the NWS website, with -39 F in 1972 and 1996, but I clearly remember the radio weather report before I left home that cold frosty morning. Must have been 1962 or 1963. Note that the airport is way up on the hill, and I lived down below.
    Yeah but its always warmer down the hill by the lake, though the wind chill can be worse. I was just razzing you anyway, I think 39 below is close enough to call it 40...For all its reputation it rarely gets that cold in Duluth, but you just have to go a few miles inland and its much colder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I have to mow the lavn next weekend Tahats the first time I ever tried that in january. The roses are still blooming here too.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin