Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,638   Posts: 1,623,178   Online: 1085

Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122232425263070 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A relatively balmy (windless) +6f this morning!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Global warming crowd? The only ones disagreeing about it are those who lose money on it, those paid to disagree, and those who can't open their eyes.
    Denying global warming is like denying gravity.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    More freaking rain this afternoon!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last two nights have been very cold for Florida. The temperature dipping into the low thirties in central Florida with a strong wind. Three dog nights but alas I have only two dogs.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    The last two nights have been very cold for Florida. The temperature dipping into the low thirties in central Florida with a strong wind. Three dog nights but alas I have only two dogs.
    Oh no, what are you going to do? There's imbalance in the universe!

Been cold as heck around here in Minnesota the last three days. Coldest was yesterday at about -22*F, which is great because the Emerald Ash Borer, the bug that's been killing all of our ash trees, might be decimated by as much as 80% due to the freeze. Today was nicer at around 0*F when I woke up, and warming up to a high of about 9*F today. Tomorrow almost 20*F they say, and finally on Friday about 30*F, which will provide a nice respite for those who have been stuck in the cold for a long time.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    I think I have to mow the lavn next weekend Tahats the first time I ever tried that in january. The roses are still blooming here too.
    Best regards
    Wow.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Strange Centigrade/Fahrenheit fact:

In the UK, we tend to use Fahrenheit for warm summer temperatures and Centigrade for cold weather I suppose the higher Fahrenheit numbers make it seem warmer than it is and having the freezing point at zero in Centigrade makes sense.

Steve.
    To further mix things up, do you also call Centigrade Celsius? Here, Celsius has become more common. I always called it Centigrade, but now Celsius slips in sometimes.

By the way, Centigrade Celsius is the name of the James Bond villain who created the Polar Vortex...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    It is warmer than at some odd day in june.
    The maple tree is forming buds.
    Wow.
    Sorry to hear that, as the trees will be damaged if you now get some real cold. On the other hand, enjoy your warm weather.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sorry to bring this thing up again. But I'm getting good. A Chevy 4x4 longbed pickup load of trees cut, dragged out of the woods, loaded, brought home, cut up into sections, split, and on the pile in 3 hours flat. And we're not talking about hydraulic splitters; we're talking about a 12lb maul. On the days I have a nice haul, I splurge that night. By 11pm this house is going to be 86 degrees in here. Going to watch a horror picture on Hulu and stoke the Ashley.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That cold weather in the US story is funny to people in interior Alaska, where -15f or whatever is warm for winter...

Here in Fairbanks it's been a pretty mild winter thus far, with the t just hitting -40 once (this time last year it'd been hanging out there a lot!) Snow while not above normal is around normal, so have gotten in some good snow-shoveling, snow-play, etc. Trees covered and beautiful. Right now it's +11f/-11c, as it's been for almost a week. Overcast I think, because it's so warm. One benefit of all this warm weather is some nice crystals have formed on the snow, trees, etc.

More normal in the -30 to -35f low range forecast for the weekend - though I doubt any local mayors will outlaw driving, and pretty sure cnn won't send crews to ask for an exaggerated wind-chill maximum low...

Winter is beautiful if snowy and cold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin