Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,838   Online: 792

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    I think I have to mow the lavn next weekend Tahats the first time I ever tried that in january. The roses are still blooming here too.
    Best regards
    Wow.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Strange Centigrade/Fahrenheit fact:

In the UK, we tend to use Fahrenheit for warm summer temperatures and Centigrade for cold weather I suppose the higher Fahrenheit numbers make it seem warmer than it is and having the freezing point at zero in Centigrade makes sense.

Steve.
    To further mix things up, do you also call Centigrade Celsius? Here, Celsius has become more common. I always called it Centigrade, but now Celsius slips in sometimes.

By the way, Centigrade Celsius is the name of the James Bond villain who created the Polar Vortex...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    It is warmer than at some odd day in june.
    The maple tree is forming buds.
    Wow.
    Sorry to hear that, as the trees will be damaged if you now get some real cold. On the other hand, enjoy your warm weather.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sorry to bring this thing up again. But I'm getting good. A Chevy 4x4 longbed pickup load of trees cut, dragged out of the woods, loaded, brought home, cut up into sections, split, and on the pile in 3 hours flat. And we're not talking about hydraulic splitters; we're talking about a 12lb maul. On the days I have a nice haul, I splurge that night. By 11pm this house is going to be 86 degrees in here. Going to watch a horror picture on Hulu and stoke the Ashley.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That cold weather in the US story is funny to people in interior Alaska, where -15f or whatever is warm for winter...

Here in Fairbanks it's been a pretty mild winter thus far, with the t just hitting -40 once (this time last year it'd been hanging out there a lot!) Snow while not above normal is around normal, so have gotten in some good snow-shoveling, snow-play, etc. Trees covered and beautiful. Right now it's +11f/-11c, as it's been for almost a week. Overcast I think, because it's so warm. One benefit of all this warm weather is some nice crystals have formed on the snow, trees, etc.

More normal in the -30 to -35f low range forecast for the weekend - though I doubt any local mayors will outlaw driving, and pretty sure cnn won't send crews to ask for an exaggerated wind-chill maximum low...

Winter is beautiful if snowy and cold.

Shooter
    35mm
    Precisely why I have no desire to live in Alaska. Visit in the summer maybe, but not live there. Too cold! On the plus side, today we were 20 degrees warmer than we were 2 days ago, so things are more back to normal. Of course by the weekend we're supposed to be in the 40's. Only in Illinois can you have a 53 degree (Fahrenheit) temperature swing in 7 days!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cue Martha and the Vandellas singing "Heat Wave".

Above 0F today; first time in a while. Didn't bother to zip the coat. Supposed to reach 30deg in a few days - it will spoil us.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    To further mix things up, do you also call Centigrade Celsius?

They are probably used equally.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    Precisely why I have no desire to live in Alaska. Visit in the summer maybe, but not live there. Too cold! On the plus side, today we were 20 degrees warmer than we were 2 days ago, so things are more back to normal. Of course by the weekend we're supposed to be in the 40's. Only in Illinois can you have a 53 degree (Fahrenheit) temperature swing in 7 days!
    I saw 50+ degrees swing in less than 16 hours here just a few days ago.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just saw on Yahoopravda--for any of you folks up there who want to get your name in the record books right up there with Sir Hillary, why don't you go climb Niagra Falls? That's wild.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin