Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,967   Online: 1031

Page 23 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13171819202122232425262728293373 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here forecast is 70F and no rain
    I will note most year we inches of rain and lucky to hit the 40'sF. This harming AG industry here first time in my life I had to water the yard in Jan.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    We're on day 2 of a 5-day heatwave of 40-43C (104-110F) temperatures. That'd be a 9-day stretch of 38C+ (100F+); yay for South Australia.
    I wish I'd taken this screenshot yesterday to show all 5 days. Says it all. (Personally, I'd prefer a few days of freezing, you can always put more clothes on, not much left to take off in this weather...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140114Weather.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	80138

The 'cool change Friday' that would have taken us down to 30 is now apparently not happening until Saturday. Sigh. Aircon in the office, aircon at home (thankfully the Solar Panels are happily paying for that), but my car aircon is busted, that's half an hour of unbearable hot wind in my face twice a day that I could do without...

(actually, the worst thing about this heatwave is that I already had 44 in Perth on Saturday, so I get a day extra than the rest of the city)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And then we get your weather the next day, Doc.

Although we usually get a moderate version of the previous Adelaide day. We are in day one of a four day heatwave. Currently about 39 C here at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The weather we are having at present is coming down from central northern Australia, a bit further above than Adelaide. At the mo', it's 43°c and rising (!) Just back from the beach and almost died walking an otherwise simple 70 metres — ugh! Furiously hot sand, blistering sun and a car too hot to touch and sit in, with a Nor'wester made it feel like I was a pizza in an oven!! Back in studio where it is cheerful 25°c. We over here in Victoria will have four days of 40°C temps (cool change Friday) until that massive hot air mass from central Oz peeters out. Until then...budgie smugglers and surf are the way to go!

LATER: TEMP IS STILL...RISING...UGH—! O_o

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1916_1057.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	466.3 KB 
ID:	80146
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 01-13-2014 at 11:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Personally, I'd prefer a few days of freezing, you can always put more clothes on
    That's what I tell people, but they think I'm odd.

We hit 50 F today. Was in the negative teens a week ago. Perhaps the cold was a bit more than usual, but the swings are normal in our area.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Next 2 days have been upgraded to 45C and 46C (113, 115F). And there's currently a thunderstorm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Next 2 days have been upgraded to 45C and 46C (113, 115F). And there's currently a thunderstorm.
    It really has an Armageddon feel to it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, what a weather. 44.4C recorded at the city at 2pm.
    I got home from work and thought "wow, there were some cool looking clouds today". Took me half an hour to load up some holders, swap some lensboards, and get back in the car.
    Took Anzac Highway to glenelg, about halfway down it starts spitting, then raining, then monsooning all within 30 seconds. Recorded a 72km/h gust at the airport at 6pm, must have been bang on when I was driving. Rain enough that the wipers were on full, headlights on, and still going 50 because I couldn't see far enough ahead. (but only 1.6mm recorded).
    Got to the beach, had to wait about half an hour for the rain to stop, set the camera up and waited. 20 mins later, back to the car cos it was raining again. Finally got some decent shots of the clouds over the sea, about to dev them now.
    Had 2x HP5, 2x APX100, and 2x Harman Direct Positive Paper, with a 65mm and 90mm Super Angulon, with and without Orange filter. More just to try out the HDPP than anything, I'm about to dev now and see how well they go...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (and now the Microphen is at 26 degrees, have to add ice cubes or it's going to develop in 3 minutes...)

f/64 and be there.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ice Ice baby
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin