Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,883   Online: 868

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 141819202122232425262728293034 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Supposed to be 82F here today, and we had a 4.5 earthquake close by at 1:36 AM. Ho-humm.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We're now the World's hottest city

WE'RE NUMBER ONE! WE'RE NUMBER ONE!
    I mean, awww, damn.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I mean, awww, damn.
    Don't sweat it.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    ROFSWAO
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I hope you have AC
    That is how hot it gets here in the summer I use to work it that weather out doors. Now I have an indoor job do to health.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Next 2 days have been upgraded to 45C and 46C (113, 115F). And there's currently a thunderstorm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn. Was just about to pack up again and go to the beach to try get some thunderstorm-cloud shots.
    Just as I opened the door the first wind gust hit. A few 30-knot gusts later and the temperature dropped 7 degrees in half an hour. Tomorrow's maximum is going to be lower than last nights minimum.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	80317 sums it all up really.
    Don't think my tripod's really up to that much (or maybe i'm overcautious), and I think the stormclouds are already overhead. So staying in tonight by the looks.

Just hope my friends out there fighting the bushfires are ok, wind gusts are not what they want right now.
    I know there's a few around here from around the Grampians, hope you're all doing ok too...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too bad we can't export rain-otherwise our economy would be booming!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Northern California here. Constantly dry. We've only had 1 significant day of rain this season and presently it's about 20C which is completely unheard of in January.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Northern California here. Constantly dry. We've only had 1 significant day of rain this season and presently it's about 20C which is completely unheard of in January.
    Driest year on record, since records were kept. Not what we want or need, rationing of water is imminent. Give us 10C less and rain/snow, please!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yes. Record warm temps every day (not hot, and actually wonderfully comfortable later in the day), and our ordinarily damp Jan conditions are
    bone dry. The color in the local hills is stunning. Almost no green, and no tall dry grass either, so exquisitely subtle tans, greiges, and golds - all kinds of wonderful earthtones of the underlying sandstone soils becoming visible in midday light, if one knows where to look. And almost no wind. So I just had to get out last weekend and take a couple of 8x10 Ektar shots. And it looks like more of the same this coming weekend. But I'm sure the inevitable water rationing is going to make me switch to color printing sooner in the season than normal, because fiber-based black and white work uses a lot of wash water.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin