Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,864   Online: 1100

Page 25 of 84 FirstFirst ... 15192021222324252627282930313575 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's hot and humid here in Bloemfontein, South Africa. Late afternoon showers are not uncommon, but it can get very hot during the daytime (36C+ sometimes)...I'd like winter more if the sky wasn't so devoid of clouds during the winter...summer = nice clouds but HOT.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OMG! Before any snow showed up the people here were already in full panic mode. Their eyes were filled with tears the size of horse turds. At 4:30 AM I checked the website and saw that the office was closed due to impending snow. At 4:45 in the morning I was called by an robo caller and told not to go to work. It is now after 3 PM and there is less than an inch of snow on the sidewalks and roads. Oh the humanity of it! My heart is palpitating!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    here in Calgary, we do have four season or rather 3 season in just one week; fresh snow delivery every other week, some days we have day and night temp fluctuation of around +- 25 deg, all you have to do if you don't like the current weather is to wait sometimes hours, sometimes minutes

NJH

Shooter
    35mm RF
    All over the place here. It was sunny and warm yesterday, hard to believe its still January. Normal business resumed today though, back to rain and cold wind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Icy-cold and windy here in Ottawa, -30C tonight. Blah.
    - Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Snowing like crazy here, yahoo! 14.7 def F and slightly windy
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldi View Post
    here in Calgary, we do have four season or rather 3 season in just one week; fresh snow delivery every other week, some days we have day and night temp fluctuation of around +- 25 deg, all you have to do if you don't like the current weather is to wait sometimes hours, sometimes minutes
    Calgary get warm right after a snow storm and is quite liveable. Unlike Edmonton which gets below freezing in September [or end of August] and stays cold until June.

Waldi, welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    OMG! Before any snow showed up the people here were already in full panic mode. Their eyes were filled with tears the size of horse turds. At 4:30 AM I checked the website and saw that the office was closed due to impending snow. At 4:45 in the morning I was called by an robo caller and told not to go to work. It is now after 3 PM and there is less than an inch of snow on the sidewalks and roads. Oh the humanity of it! My heart is palpitating!
    In VA? I'd believe that. Even western PA can be close to that bad.

Yesterday at 3pm it was 47 F. At 11pm, it was 14 F. This morning, 0 F. Now, it's about 15, but feels much colder, even without wind. If it would stop bouncing up and down, it would be easier to get used to it. It was in the 50s on Sunday.

But the winter light here, even at noon, is really nice when it's not too cloudy. The sun doesn't get above 45 degrees, I think. Your subject just has to be facing the right way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post

But the winter light here, even at noon, is really nice when it's not too cloudy. The sun doesn't get above 45 degrees, I think.
    Now Bethe, the sun's temperature is not affected by our weather here on Earth.

I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Now Bethe, the sun's temperature is not affected by our weather here on Earth.

You know what I meant.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin