Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,737   Online: 889

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891353 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Foggy and cold in July is inconceivable to me, anywhere. To me July is a month where you're panting for breath, soaked in sweat, greasy, and miserable.
    You should try it here then: fine and relatively calm (weather-wise and underfoot - the earth's not shaking so much now!) and 13C. Mind you, July is mid winter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Beautiful here

In the little Village I live in west and south of Ottawa, Almonte, it is perfect today. Supposed to be 26C today with big fluffy clouds. So far have seen deer and rabbits in the filed outside our house. Great day to shoot I think. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    big fluffy clouds. ...
    Take some red or orange filter and shoot.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    You should try it here then: fine and relatively calm (weather-wise and underfoot - the earth's not shaking so much now!) and 13C. Mind you, July is mid winter.
    I sometimes wonder if people in Australia and New Zealand and such places laugh at the rest of the Anglo and European world who have visions of Santa Claus, sleigh bells, and winter wonderland, and the like at Christmas. At Christmas, people in Australia are sweating like pigs and fighting mosquito bites (presumably).

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm reminded of the movie "Good Morning, Vietnam" wherein the DJ describes how hot it is. Usually, we'll have a sea breeze in late afternoon or even a shower, but the latter just adds to the humidity. Too hot to work in the darkroom located in garage, and too hot outdoors except early morning. But of course then the no-see-ums are plentiful.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For photography the weather/light is so important. Hence my original post which some may have thought strange.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I sometimes wonder if people in Australia and New Zealand and such places laugh at the rest of the Anglo and European world who have visions of Santa Claus, sleigh bells, and winter wonderland, and the like at Christmas. At Christmas, people in Australia are sweating like pigs and fighting mosquito bites (presumably).
    Australians don't sweat like pigs, we just glow....

Another forecast from Adelaide - yesterday was a beautiful Sunny winters day (I love it when the Sun shines in the middle of winter) with a top of 18 deg C (64 for those of you who still persist in using the antiquated temp measurement units). Today looks decisively crappy - still expected to get 17 C (62), but its very overcast and the wind feels rather brisk.

The oddest thing happened last weekend, though...we actually got snow in a few selected areas around Adelaide. Where I live we got some really wet sleet, but it was no where close to being cold enough for it to sit on the ground for more then a second or so. This is the first time I have ever known to get frozen non hail precipitation at my house.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leaving winter down here in Oz and heading into Spring. Fine, sunny, a little breezy and ideal for a throttle on the MTB for lunch later. The cherry blossoms in the garden are blooming: that is a reminder the worst of winter has passed. Good!

Hoffy: we got snow flurries in Geelong and on the Great Divide on the same weekend snow fell at Mount Lofy in SA!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    High 80's to low 90's on the coast of Florida at the Georgia border, 5 degrees hotter inland. Threats of rain are idle. Watching for hurricanes with fingers crossed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Leaving winter down here in Oz and heading into Spring. Fine, sunny, a little breezy and ideal for a throttle on the MTB for lunch later. The cherry blossoms in the garden are blooming: that is a reminder the worst of winter has passed. Good!

Hoffy: we got snow flurries in Geelong and on the Great Divide on the same weekend snow fell at Mount Lofy in SA!
    Yes, last weekend the weather was just a touch weird.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891353 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin