Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,774   Online: 795

Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 232728293031323334353637383943 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    33oF right now. That's 44oF warmer than the low a couple weeks ago. We're havin' a heatwave... a tropical heatwave... Break out the shades!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the SE of Australia, we've emerged from a brief cool change and now working up to another infernally hot last couple of days in the week before an atrociously hot weekend. Not a good time for camping or even photography, with evening skies stained by smog. I think I will head overseas...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Not a good time for camping or even photography, with evening skies stained by smog. I think I will head overseas...
    Tell me about it. I just got my new Fujinon 90mm SWD and all I want to do is go out to the hills and shoot some Velvia sunsets.
    Not in this weather, if a bushfire doesn't get me then I'll just melt in the sun (so will the film, and my car aircon doesn't work).
    One of my colleagues from work just got back from 2 weeks in Denmark. Over 40 when he left, over 40 when he got back, -10 in between...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The weather was "good" on the highway on the way home from work; temperature rose to the teens F, roads were clear, etc. Yet the Heliophobes kept slowing to 25 every time they saw the sun peek out. No, it didn't blind them... I was on the same road right behind them and could see just fine.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Tell me about it. I just got my new Fujinon 90mm SWD and all I want to do is go out to the hills and shoot some Velvia sunsets.
    Not in this weather, if a bushfire doesn't get me then I'll just melt in the sun (so will the film, and my car aircon doesn't work).
    One of my colleagues from work just got back from 2 weeks in Denmark. Over 40 when he left, over 40 when he got back, -10 in between...

You might want to try Rapid Bay. I found some spectacular hills there for sunrises (make sure the brakes on your chariot work...), not all that far from Adelaide. The huge and very long jetty there makes an interesting subject, for whatever it is used for. Very pleasant place to camp too — when a gale is not blowing...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    You might want to try Rapid Bay. I found some spectacular hills there for sunrises (make sure the brakes on your chariot work...), not all that far from Adelaide. The huge and very long jetty there makes an interesting subject, for whatever it is used for. Very pleasant place to camp too — when a gale is not blowing...
    Damn straight, i've got a shack at Second Valley (which, funnily enough, is the second valley over the hill that Colonel Light named after anchoring his ship The Rapid at Rapid Bay. He wasn't very imaginative in his naming).
    Haven't been there for ages, I've gotta get down there with a whole bunch of velvia and take some sunset/rise shots of all the rocks (like everyone else has done, but still, I haven't).
    I know the exact places to shoot too, but I've been too busy to even get there in the last year. Good thing it's technically my mum's shack, she takes care of it at least.

Too bad they demolished half of the old jetty at rapid bay, used to get some good fish off the end there when we were kids.

Meanwhile, I saw a newsbreak tonight while eating dinner that they're going to demolish the chimney at the old Port Stanvac Refinery tomorrow. Grabbed a few holders, camera, threw it all in the car and burned off there, but by the time I was there it was already too dark. 20 mins earlier would have been a great shot. Sunrise 633am tomorrow, maybe I'll get out of bed early and take the last shot of it before it's gone.
    Last edited by Dr Croubie; 01-30-2014 at 05:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    83F yesterday, today cooler with a chance of rain. Rain would be a good thing.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be more than happy to send you some of ours!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We'll take it!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Rainy but warm the last few days. Today 80F and mostly sunny, as it usually is.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin