Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,307   Posts: 1,681,695   Online: 1030

Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25293031323334353637383940414585 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mostly cloudy and cool here. Rest of the week will be sunny and chilly. Alas, probably won't be doing much photography, since I'm currently recovering from a gout attack. So, whatever photography I do is being done from a bedroom, out the window. :-\

Supposed to be a warm up at the end of the week, which means a quick drop of snow, then rain.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For all you weather nuts, I just got shown this by a colleague. Freakin cool.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Cool! Moved it over the United States and was able to see the Fraser River outflow that's causing the Pacific Northwest to be cold this week.

Thanks for posting the link.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Thanks for this very useful link and as this is turning into a permanent thread, it would help if others know of useful weather related links they could post on this thread.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    One word....windy!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Two words.....very windy.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    And for those who haven't figured it out, click where it says "earth" on the bottom left, you can change some options, like put it into a loop, overlay temperature and pressure maps, change the projection and whatnot. And yeah, it's click-draggable like googleearth so it's not just aussie.

Annoyingly, it was working great on my laptop at work, win7 with 3gb ram and a crappy intel integrated graphics.
    At home on my Hex-core phenom with 12gb of ram, proper nvidia graphics into my 2560x1440 photo monitor, it's shit slow (possibly the difference between adsl at home and fibre at work). Would have looked great at such a huge res though.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even more strong wind, heavy rain and flooding over here.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Two words.....very windy.
    Sounds like you're eating too much cabbage...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Snowing, cold, and windy here in Central Illinois. Doesn't hold a candle to the Blizzard of '79 though. Schools in the area are slowly making up their minds whether to close tomorrow or not.

One of my cousins shared this video with me. I wish our school administrators were as creative as these guys with their school closing announcements.
    Last edited by ME Super; 02-04-2014 at 09:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin