Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,679   Online: 918

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I figger that it required some 'splainin'.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Temperature on top of the mountain is hovering just above freezing (external temperature gauge in the Beemer read 0.5C, about 45 minutes ago); forecast is for "mixed precipitation" (read: wet snow, followed by just enough rain to wash away the former) in the am. So...loaded up the F6 with some HP5+ and will either walk to the campus in the morning or, if more ambitious, head downtown and shoot the after-effects...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well...www.theweathernetwork.com really dropped the ball on this one: no precipitation of any sort. Woke up this am to sunshine and blue skies. Temperature a crisp 2C.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Well...www.theweathernetwork.com really dropped the ball on this one: no precipitation of any sort. Woke up this am to sunshine and blue skies. Temperature a crisp 2C.
    Don't complain!

It was a wonderful day for a walk through the trails in Watershead Park - warm enough to leave my jacket half un-buttoned, and to operate my C330 without gloves.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mostly cloudy and cool here. Rest of the week will be sunny and chilly. Alas, probably won't be doing much photography, since I'm currently recovering from a gout attack. So, whatever photography I do is being done from a bedroom, out the window. :-\

Supposed to be a warm up at the end of the week, which means a quick drop of snow, then rain.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For all you weather nuts, I just got shown this by a colleague. Freakin cool.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Cool! Moved it over the United States and was able to see the Fraser River outflow that's causing the Pacific Northwest to be cold this week.

Thanks for posting the link.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    For all you weather nuts, I just got shown this by a colleague. Freakin cool.
    Thanks for this very useful link and as this is turning into a permanent thread, it would help if others know of useful weather related links they could post on this thread.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    One word....windy!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Two words.....very windy.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin