Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,955   Online: 711

Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 263031323334353637383940414246 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    For all you weather nuts, I just got shown this by a colleague. Freakin cool.
    And for those who haven't figured it out, click where it says "earth" on the bottom left, you can change some options, like put it into a loop, overlay temperature and pressure maps, change the projection and whatnot. And yeah, it's click-draggable like googleearth so it's not just aussie.

Annoyingly, it was working great on my laptop at work, win7 with 3gb ram and a crappy intel integrated graphics.
    At home on my Hex-core phenom with 12gb of ram, proper nvidia graphics into my 2560x1440 photo monitor, it's shit slow (possibly the difference between adsl at home and fibre at work). Would have looked great at such a huge res though.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even more strong wind, heavy rain and flooding over here.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For all you weather nuts, I just got shown this by a colleague. Freakin cool.
    Freakin cool
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Two words.....very windy.
    Sounds like you're eating too much cabbage...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Sounds like you're eating too much cabbage...
    Who cut the cheese?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Snowing, cold, and windy here in Central Illinois. Doesn't hold a candle to the Blizzard of '79 though. Schools in the area are slowly making up their minds whether to close tomorrow or not.

One of my cousins shared this video with me. I wish our school administrators were as creative as these guys with their school closing announcements.
    Last edited by ME Super; 02-04-2014 at 10:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You know, I could say exactly the same thing ... except I'm talking Celcius.
    We've just had 39.1 / 43.0 / 31.3 / 36.7 / 37.6 / 43.4 / 43.9 over the last week. Now it's currently only 27.3, it's been falling since 33.9 at midnight and it's only going to get cooler during the day, not warmer. Feels like winter in comparison...

You know what's really hard when it's this hot? Developing. I measured the 'cold' water out of my taps at 26.5C, and I was out of ice cubes. Had to put my dev in the fridge just to get it down to 24C and at least I was somewhere on the time/temp chart...
    And 40's again this weekend. Its driving me batty.

I actually don't bother with developing or printing when its this hot. I find its too much messing around to get everything to my liking. Surely we are going to get a milder weekend sometime soon?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woke up to 15 inches of fresh white this morning, it turned to freezing rain around 8am, what a frican mess.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Winter in the U.K hasn't been too bad so far this year in the U.K, it had rained a lot and some areas have had extensive and serious flooding, but the temperatures haven't been very cold, and there so far hasn't been any snow, so if it continues like this for another six weeks or so and we're out of the woods .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    And 40's again this weekend. Its driving me batty.

I actually don't bother with developing or printing when its this hot. I find its too much messing around to get everything to my liking. Surely we are going to get a milder weekend sometime soon?
    Yea, and I bet being upside down all the time in the Southern Hemisphere doesn't help either
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin