Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,047   Posts: 1,561,002   Online: 1044

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101454 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by selmslie View Post
    High 80's to low 90's on the coast of Florida at the Georgia border, 5 degrees hotter inland. Threats of rain are idle. Watching for hurricanes with fingers crossed.
    That reminds me--not too long after Apollo 11 came Hurricane Camille. Can never forget that--cut across NC like hell on earth. Don't know why I inserted that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Yes, last weekend the weather was just a touch weird.

Hoffy, a friend and his wife and baby daughter spent last weekend at Barmera and Lake Bonney. It hailed then snowed there (!) Hell's bells, last October I was sweltering in 36°c heat on the shores of Lake Bonney (and later came away with absolutely gob-smacking, arse-spanking, kick-ass beautiful pics...)

Shooter
    35mm
    It's unbearably hot in Northern Switzerland at the moment, today in Basel it could get as hot as 38c.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    It's unbearably hot in Northern Switzerland at the moment, today in Basel it could get as hot as 38c.
    It's not much better in central Switzerland. Up in the mountains it's been 30-ish. Perfect weather for Sunny 16
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would never have imagined or known that Switzerland could get to 38°c! Heavens, it's many, many moons ago since I visited (1989): sunny and crisp from memory. But now... well, 38°c is along the eastern seaboard of Australia in Spring and in toward the outback; atomisers are great for squirting each other as a cool-off!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Presently in Washington DC its 74 F or 23.7 C with a thunder storm to night.

Shooter
    35mm
    We actually made it up to 39 yesterday! In a country with no air con it is not fun. We should be a bit cooler for a few days but then we have 40 forecast for the end of next week . I'm praying to the weather gods not to make that happen.

These temperatures are a bit unusual here, it is the hottest it has been in my 16 years in the country and we are getting very close to the highest ever recorded temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I would never have imagined or known that Switzerland could get to 38°c! Heavens, it's many, many moons ago since I visited (1989): sunny and crisp from memory. But now... well, 38°c is along the eastern seaboard of Australia in Spring and in toward the outback; atomisers are great for squirting each other as a cool-off!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    July 29--high today of 68f, low last night was 44f !!!!!! This is mid to late September weather not July or August weather.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in Houston, Texas it's been hot and humid-typical summer weather. We've been getting a good amount of rain the past 2 months or so. And that's a good thing, 'cause that means there's no drought, or at least no extreme drought. This spring and summer have had lots of overcast skies-not the best lighting for photography most of the time.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I sometimes wonder if people in Australia and New Zealand and such places laugh at the rest of the Anglo and European world who have visions of Santa Claus, sleigh bells, and winter wonderland, and the like at Christmas. At Christmas, people in Australia are sweating like pigs and fighting mosquito bites (presumably).
    but many still have a hot lunch, even if it's 40C+

The Mrs wants to go somewhere (maybe NY) for a "White Christmas". I'm not as enthusiastic!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin