Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,141   Online: 839

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 303435363738394041424344454650 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shock horror we actually got some sunshine today.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6VaeFCxta8
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-1...e-heat/5252482.
    Breaking more extreme heat records, sigh.
    (and again, very very very glad I got solar panels in before this summer)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Snow forecast for last night failed to materialize; instead a steady of light rain that began overnight continues to fall. A nice fog enshrouded the mountain most of the day...so, took the F4e w/80-200mm (loaded with HP5+) and the F2 w/35mm (loaded with Tri-X) and hoofed around the neighborhood and campus to shoot some "weather pictures." A productive little jaunt; came back cold (temperature was 4C) and wet but satisfied. Weather is forecast to break tomorrow...but if it doesn't...who cares: every day is a good day to shoot!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    "Raining" sandbags
    tidal barrier on max

not warm either

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try this side of the word in CA it is so bad even the Congress and the President is checking out the weather here.
    It so bad it only was up to 70's F and no rain or snow and for the year only 1" of rain. AKA drought

Dave
    Last edited by smithdoor; 02-11-2014 at 09:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post
    Try this side of the word in CA it is so bad even the Congress and the President is checking out the weather here.
    It so bad it only was up to 70's F and no rain or snow and for the year only 1" of rain. AKA drought

Dave
    And once again it is proven by the heavy rains in the north that Northern and Southern California are in reality different states.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post

Dave
    Yeah, I heard the president went to the Central Valley to see for himself. What-- like pictures of near-empty reservoirs and bare farmland don't cut it?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in SW Iowa, we've only gotten about 3 inches of snow all winter and no rain. We were in drought already, too, and this isn't helping. I wasn't here, yet, but last spring they got lots of rain and then very little from July through fall.
    Temp-wise, it looks like we'll finally be above freezing later this week. Still single digits now, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Went to Joshua Tree NP this morning for a sunrise shoot. It was sunny and in the 50's when I left at about 0900.......

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Here in SW Iowa, we've only gotten about 3 inches of snow all winter and no rain. We were in drought already, too, and this isn't helping. I wasn't here, yet, but last spring they got lots of rain and then very little from July through fall.
    Temp-wise, it looks like we'll finally be above freezing later this week. Still single digits now, though.
    As a resident of Iowa, are you a fan of Bill Bryson? I enjoy his travel books.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin