Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,332   Online: 792

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 323637383940414243444546474852 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the temp here has steadily dropped since I got up this morning. It was =8f at 5:30, its now -14f. It's supposed to climb to mid 20's by this afternoon though. Then we get hit with the next round of ice and snow for the next several days.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Thursday night I might not be able to fly out of the DC area to Los Angeles
    DAMN IT! Why can't the people in the Middle Atlantic states figure out which end of the shovel to use to clear a runway??

I will now miss my grandson's birthday party.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    8C here this am under partly cloudy skies; forecast is for light showers, beginning late this pm and lasting through the weekend. Looks like the nod will go to the F5 or F6 (well-sealed against moisture). Not great weather for the E100G (what I wouldn't give for some Provia 400), so HP5+ will get the nod (a 200 EI or 1000 EI rating, depending on the cloud cover).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    gale 11 this afternoon the uk is getting a hammering this winter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    (what I wouldn't give for some Provia 400),
    If you have the bucks, Unique Photo still has the 400X, 120 and 135
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Very WET! About time!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    If you have the bucks, Unique Photo still has the 400X, 120 and 135
    At $16.95 USD/roll (gasp, shortness of breath, clutching of chest, etc.), I'll tripod the E100G/VS or shoot HP5+/Tri-X (actually, I find that my favorite "weather pictures" have been generally shot on black and white). Thanks for the "heads-up," though...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Large Format

Question for American Northerners

I have a question best answerable for those who know best. I want to know if the following complaint is common pertaining to being out in the snow. Here at the NC/SC line there is close to a foot of snow right now, which is atypical. Our snows are usually a lot less.
    Anyway, my feet and legs seem very tired--I am tired. And I want to know if it is common when you're out in the snow, doing things like trudging around, carrying firewood, putting weights in the back of a pickup--those sorts of things. Heck, I bet I didn't spend more than 2 hours total today doing these sorts of things. But with big heavy Timberland boots on and having to lift your feet up high for every step, and then having every step slide back,--it just sees you can wear yourself out quick doing that. Or am I just having a "tired day" unrelated to all that trudging in the deep snow? (I'm way out in the country)
    Normally I can split a load a pickup load of wood and not be this worn out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    ...doing things like trudging around, carrying firewood, putting weights in the back of a pickup--those sorts of things...
    Yep, that's enough to tire me out fairly quickly, even wearing shorts and thongs without snow.
    To be fair, last time I was in real snow I also got tired from walking, but that was in the Austrian Alps over winter, and those ski-boots were heavy (but after 3 months skiing I got fairly fit enough)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    At $16.95 USD/roll (gasp, shortness of breath, clutching of chest, etc.)
    $17 a roll for Provia 400X? That's cheap!
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin