Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,264   Posts: 1,680,783   Online: 743

Page 44 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34383940414243444546474849505494 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Can you believe this?--a week ago we had a foot and a half of snow, and now it's 75 degrees.
    I'd believe it given what we've had: 3 weeks above 40C, then 4months rainfall in 2 days, now a week of drizzling low 20s.
    If our weather's stuffed then so can yours...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a nice sunny winter day and fairly mild here and although we have had a very wet winter so far and there has been terrible and massive flooding in some parts of the U.K. mainly in the south of the country.We have had no snow yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed because if we don't have any in the next six weeks or so we've got away with it and it's the spring
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's actually raining! Just started.
    It took me a bit to remember what that sound was...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it's been very mild in the Norther U.K for the last few days with a decent amount of sunshine almost like Spring,although it's been the wettest Winter in Britain on record and there have been massive floods in some areas, but very little snow so far.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    right now 5 degrees F in Chicago, winds 15-20 mph. will be below zero tonight. roughly 30 degrees below normal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    right now 5 degrees F in Chicago, winds 15-20 mph. will be below zero tonight. roughly 30 degrees below normal.
    Ditto in Ann Arbor. Getting a little tired of this particular winter. It has worn out its welcome.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can report several positive sightings of sunshine in West Dorset
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Finally getting some sort of moisture here after 3 weeks of absolute warmth and dryness. We're going to have another horrible fire season....
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cold (for us). Light blowing snow yesterday and last night. Winds 20-25 mph/32-40 kmph, temperature 27F/-3C, wind chill 13F/-11C.

My truck is coated with ice this morning. The wind has been blowing for almost three days now. Our spring season doesn't usually begin until July 5th. Only four months and three days to go...

[Edit: It's been sleeting here all afternoon. And windy. Not a fit day out for man nor beast. See the post right after this one. John lives about 20 minutes from me.]

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 03-02-2014 at 06:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added [Edit]...
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ^And now there's a Freezing Rain advisory for North Bend and Snoqualmie. Just light rain here in Duvall.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin