Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,444   Online: 1185

Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 364041424344454647484950515256 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    right now 5 degrees F in Chicago, winds 15-20 mph. will be below zero tonight. roughly 30 degrees below normal.
    Ditto in Ann Arbor. Getting a little tired of this particular winter. It has worn out its welcome.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can report several positive sightings of sunshine in West Dorset
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Finally getting some sort of moisture here after 3 weeks of absolute warmth and dryness. We're going to have another horrible fire season....
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    • This Afternoon [Sunday] Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 51. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
    • Tonight [Sunday] Rain before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 20. North wind 7 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
    • Monday Snow. Some thunder is also possible. High near 21. North wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
    • Monday Night Snow likely before 7pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -3. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

I keep forgetting to panic for snow when I am in Virginia. Actually I never panic for snow. Is it too late to panic now?
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 03-02-2014 at 03:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cold (for us). Light blowing snow yesterday and last night. Winds 20-25 mph/32-40 kmph, temperature 27F/-3C, wind chill 13F/-11C.

My truck is coated with ice this morning. The wind has been blowing for almost three days now. Our spring season doesn't usually begin until July 5th. Only four months and three days to go...

[Edit: It's been sleeting here all afternoon. And windy. Not a fit day out for man nor beast. See the post right after this one. John lives about 20 minutes from me.]

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 03-02-2014 at 07:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added [Edit]...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ^And now there's a Freezing Rain advisory for North Bend and Snoqualmie. Just light rain here in Duvall.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    • This Afternoon [Sunday] Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 51. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
    • Tonight [Sunday] Rain before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 20. North wind 7 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
    • Monday Snow. Some thunder is also possible. High near 21. North wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
    • Monday Night Snow likely before 7pm. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -3. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

I keep forgetting to panic for snow when I am in Virginia. Actually I never panic for snow. Is it too late to panic now?
    Oh! You're in Virginia! I thought you were in L.A. and I was thinking what the...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We actually had rain over the last several days. Actual water falling out of the sky.
    And wind. And flooded intersections.
    SoCal drivers, instead of being frightened by water mysteriously falling right out of the sky, blithely pretend it's not really happening and drive as crazy as always.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    We will all be killed!
    We will all be killed!
    We will all be killed!
    We will all be killed!
    We will all be killed!
    We will all be killed!
    We will all be killed!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We've had a very mild winter so far but have had all time record rainfall. It hasn't snowed yet at all and if it doesn't in the next six weeks it's the Spring we've got away with it this year.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin