Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,165   Online: 807

Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 374142434445464748495051525357 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Got me a whole long bed Chevy pickup of little sweet gum logs today, about as big around as a child's arm. to a man's wrist. There it was, right on the ground, cut last summer. Sweetgum isn't a very good firewood, but when it's dry, it'll heat up a room quick. Supposed to be 20 tomorrow night. Ready. Bring it on. I'll stay comfy and toasty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Global warming... EXCEPT Vancouver BC. Snow x5 this winter. Have been looking forward to reasonable weather anyways to take my G.A.S. 4x5 out but NOOOOOOO. And would you say nice b&w snow shots..... but its pouring rain as I reach the front door. Take an umbrella you say...wind picks up considerably. ONE OF THESE DAYS.....Me and my one eyed mistress shall have time together.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 03-02-2014 at 11:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have usually survived winters fairly well and been able to get out and get some snowy shots at least or something. Not this year. It's been too close to zero (and below) for me to do much besides walk the dogs quickly and go between the heated house and heated car. I actually think I have cabin fever. I am quite ready for spring.
    We haven't even gotten enough snow here to look cool anyway.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sunny....then showery....then sunny here in cider country...
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Snowed today and ice cold tonight. 17th snowfall this winter in West Philadelphia. #18 is coming on Thursday this week.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg
    The sun always shines on TV, even if not IRL!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    It was so hot here in the Mojave Desert yesterday that I had to turn on my air conditioner. It was 78 degrees in my lowly abode a few minutes ago at 3 a.m. Windy, dry, clear. We have the same climate as Baghdad, Iraq

Rainy day Haiku:

Pouring rain all day...
    my camera sits inside
    dry from the drizzle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew:

Let's see you fit "Pineapple Express" into a haiku
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel your pain Andrew. Spent Friday in Victoria. The afternoon was pleasant, but our commitments kept us indoors. No worries - planned to take our time driving back up island on Saturday, poke along, get off the highway, stop at Cowichan Bay for sure. Had 3 cameras, and lots of film. Bucketed rain all day. I've no objection to photographing on gray and drizzly days, but wasn't interested in getting drenched. No film was exposed. Came home and worked on a sewing project.
    I can't hear any rain this morning, so maybe I'll have a chance today.

Matt, while it was raining hard, it did not rain pineapples

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin