Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,666   Online: 811

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111555 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    but many still have a hot lunch, even if it's 40C+
    Tell me about it, my mum's parents were both British born, and their side of the family still do the gamut of hot-served roast dead-things when all you want is ice-cream. My missus' family also do that too, so there's no escape for me.

The most climate-appropriate xmas lunch I ever had was at an ex's mum's place, prawns and lobster and nibbles in a shady garden in the hills.
    Well that, and when I was 10 I had xmas in Finland, we went to the Father Christmas village on the arctic circle and ate Reindeer stew in a Reindeer-skin hut, and it was -35 outside...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Been beautiful here the last several days. Temp in low 90's or upper 80's, low humidity. Just warm enough to feel like summer.
    Last edited by lxdude; 08-02-2013 at 04:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's 12C here at present, having only warmed up a few degrees since morning. Foggy as well here on top of Burnaby Mountain...and we know the photographic opportunities that present themselves (a 9 am walkabout the neighborhood and campus yielded 2 rolls - give or take - of HP5 (1600 ISO !). I had hoped to shoot some E100VS (sans tripod) of the fall colors, but light was insufficient. Perhaps another stroll in a couple of hours...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    It's 12C here at present, having only warmed up a few degrees since morning. Foggy as well here on top of Burnaby Mountain...and we know the photographic opportunities that present themselves (a 9 am walkabout the neighborhood and campus yielded 2 rolls - give or take - of HP5 (1600 ISO !). I had hoped to shoot some E100VS (sans tripod) of the fall colors, but light was insufficient. Perhaps another stroll in a couple of hours...
    The fog has lifted here down at seaside (about a 45 minute drive from BradleyK). Skies are really grey though.

It was really misty yesterday. I and a bunch of others in my Darkroom Group were out at a farm in Pitt Meadows for an environmental portrait shoot. I'm looking forward to seeing the transparencies and TMY negatives.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No rain storms, wind storms, ice storms, snow storms, lightening, thunder, hail, tornados, typhoons, hurricanes, floods, iced-over roads, avalanches, downed trees, power outages, landslides, earthquakes, collapsed infrastructure, sunken ships, sunken floating bridges, or sky-darkening plagues of locusts.

At least today.

But this IS the Pacific Northwest. And tomorrow is another day...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To quote Bob Hope "Britain is the only country in the World that has four seasons, all in the same day"
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After a rare day of rain last week it has warmed into the mid 80's here. It appears that it will be the same for several weeks. No clouds, low humidity. Great for star gazing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in Florida we are just entering our dry season. The lower humidity makes it quit pleasant. Also temperatures should be keeping below 80F (27C).
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A dry 80+ degree day here dominates the nightly news and is the lead story the next day in the newspapers...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

There's nae muckle drouth the day

Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    To quote Bob Hope "Britain is the only country in the World that has four seasons, all in the same day"
    Haha! When I lived in Scotland you could get them all within an hour..The light was amazing though, especially on the West Coast.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin