Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,358   Online: 846

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a new emotion, I wanna dive into the APUG ocean
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    THE SUN IS OUT!! THE SUN IS OUT!!! OMG... THE SUN IS OUT!!!!

(So that's what stars look like up close? Really??)

Ken

[Edit: Damn it. Ten minutes later and it's raining again. Was that summer?]

Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 03-20-2014 at 03:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added [Edit]...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn it. Ten minutes later and it's raining again. Was that summer?

Ken, if you reverse this statement you've got So Cal weather. Our one time rain event this year looks like it could have been our winter this time around....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Northern Virgina Sunday 30 March It is snowing again.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Southern California Sunday March 30 it is shaking again.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Southern California Sunday March 30 it is shaking again.
    CAROLE KING LYRICS: I Feel The Earth Move

"I feel the earth move under my feet
    I feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down ..."
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wind. Terrible wind and 56°. Tried to go out in the wheatfields to sight infinity on the old farmhouse up the road, on the Hasselblad I had been working on. Had fashioned a GG back to see how well it jives with the screen. Couldn't even get the black cloth over my head. The wind kept blowing me backwards and the tripod and camera kept wanting to blow over. Totally impossible, so I had to come home and watch movies on youtube.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's finally warm here (76 F right now), though I doubt it's going to last. But it's windy as all heck. It always seems to be windy here. Is that a midwest thing no one here notices and therefore no one warned us about? I've been doing an instant shot per week project and wanted to do this weekend's outside. But I'm sure I'll have the same problem as Tom ^ with the darkcloth (never mind keeping the 4x5 from blowing over).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    With regards to bad weather, I often think of this wonderful shot by Robert Doisneau.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ro...ml%3B326%3B400

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    It's finally warm here (76 F right now), though I doubt it's going to last. But it's windy as all heck. It always seems to be windy here. Is that a midwest thing no one here notices and therefore no one warned us about? I've been doing an instant shot per week project and wanted to do this weekend's outside. But I'm sure I'll have the same problem as Tom ^ with the darkcloth (never mind keeping the 4x5 from blowing over).
    Pretty much the same conditions here. 75 with 30 MPH constant winds. It's been VERY dry, too. Pretty much no humidity for weeks.

No matter what I do, there seems to be static everywhere. Just had to wipe down my changing bag/tent and all my 4x5 holders and film boxes with dryer sheets to cut down on static.

Even with humidifying my darkroom, just walking around the house generates enough static for some big shocks... Thankfully I've only fogged some test strips with the static so far!
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin