Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,895   Online: 1240

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4444849505152535455565758596064 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Denmark is getting warmer and the sun has a lot of power at the moment. The better days are 15 degrees C but there's still sub-zero temperatures some nights

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Søren Hammer
    - Konica T3N
    - Konica FS-1
    - Nikon F4s
    - Nikon F5
    - Nikon F801

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    With regards to bad weather, I often think of this wonderful shot by Robert Doisneau.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ro...ml%3B326%3B400
    That's one of my favorites. I had a calendar of pictorialist images last year and that was in it.

Also dry here, too. We didn't get much snow either, so the drought continues. We're about to head into storm season, though. I'm not looking forward to big storms and tornado warnings.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    No strong wind, no storm but a mild weather here. Sun is shining , 14 celcius degrees and Istanbul is so beatiful as usual.

We have some technology here :

http://www.ibb.gov.tr/en-US/Organiza..._Istanbul.aspx

webcameras
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Northern Virgina Sunday 30 March It is snowing again.
    That was yesterday. Today bright, sunny upper 60's

Its Virginia, get over it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some rain fell at SeaTac (the regional airport that collects the official statistics for Seattle) this morning.

That officially puts us over the top as the single wettest March on record ever. We've had something like three times the normal rainfall. It has rained just about every day this month. One thing I don't worry much about is using water to wash film and prints.

All of those global warming heads-in-the-sand deniers? Better pull your heads out so you don't drown. The water table here is rising. Warmer air holds more water, and on average rainfall increases. Along with storm frequency and severity.

Although previous logging appears to be an aggravating factor, this month's non-stop rainfall was the triggering factor for this tragic event about 30 miles (48 km) north of me.

I've driven on Highway 530 around that very bend in the North Stillaguamish River many times. A family friend was born and raised in Oso, and still has relatives there. (I hope...)

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah

DF

Here in the Windy City (Chicago) it's extremely windy and warm - 60's, but as usual, there's snow in the forcast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mid 40s here yesterday. It was the first day since October I didn't freeze my ass off and get snowed on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finally, So Cal is getting a bit of rain and, more importantly, the sierras are getting the snow we desperately need too. Not much, but we'll take what we can get.......
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I read that a flurry of moderate earth quakes have been recorded in the Los Angeles area recently, a reminder of the notorious San Andreas fault. Has anyone been effected by these?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin