Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,909   Online: 1103

Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7475152535455565758596061626367 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Man, its a blasted 86° out there. 2 nights ago I had a fire in the wood stove. Now I'm out there with the DR brush mower cutting the briars and sweating like a hog. All my life I've been a summertime person. But you know what?--I'd lot rather be out there in the cold with a maul than out there sweating like a pig behind the power implements.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 04-02-2014 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I like Ken's moon theory and suppose the gravitational effect of the moon would effect the earth's inner magma.
    But the theory has been debunked many times by the earthquake experts.

The theory only works if everyone in the area wears a cone shaped aluminum foil hat.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    And a cool urban legend story to go along with it.
    Earthquakes are known to occur when I moon someone.
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 04-02-2014 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Ball don't lie..."

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In Minnesota and across the Midwest we are expecting a snow storm tomorrow and into Friday that could potentially yield 6-12 inches of fresh snow.

Can't wait for that one. It's been a very long winter.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The advent of snow is a good opportunity to try and emulate this shot by Andre Kertesz, taken in Central Park in NY.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ke...ml%3B640%3B455

Take two shots, cut both negatives in half, flip one and join to the half of the other shot in the negative carrier and hey presto a wonderful concentric composition.
    Last edited by cliveh; 04-02-2014 at 04:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At 7:52 LCT ("Left Coast Time"), the temperature is sitting around 20C here, on top of the mountain. Cherry and magnolia trees are in full bloom (captured early this am on E100VS), and everything else is green. Just watching a gorgeous sunset from my second story window. I really should have been downtown (English Bay or Granville Island or...) or else down in Ladner or White Rock, but...just a beautiful day to appreciate being alive and doing nothing more than savoring the fact...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bradley,

Was a little cooler in the Seattle area, but mostly sunny from about 10:30 am on.

Of course, if the Cdn State (Province) Department hadn't been knuckle draggers, you would've been in Kent, right?

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Bradley,

Was a little cooler in the Seattle area, but mostly sunny from about 10:30 am on.

Of course, if the Cdn State (Province) Department hadn't been knuckle draggers, you would've been in Kent, right?

-J
    Yes, and spending some Federal Reserve Notes and doing my bit to make a few minor adjustments to the current account balances. lol
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The weather where I am heading with my boys this week:

http://www.yosemiteconservancy.org/w...e#.U0qfsce6UWg
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin