Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,036   Online: 892

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 94953545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Damp. After two days of warm and dry - just dry enough to mow my weeds !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Already turning the AC on here in So Cal.....not a good thing this early in the year.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Pressure washer in the Seattle area has been turned on again. Bletch.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On and off cumulus fractus in the early day replaced by nimbos in the afternoon: interesting lighting conditions in between. I like this time of the year, except lately these past days there was a torrential downpour. Lots of flooding here in New Jersey.
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Scorchio! again
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here(central Florida) we have the same weather as always;clear blue sunny sky,thinksunny 16 and N-1.It's a piece of paradiseand I don't have to work anymore;I'm living the dreamand love it!25C at the moment
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    here(central Florida) we have the same weather as always;clear blue sunny sky,thinksunny 16 and N-1.It's a piece of paradiseand I don't have to work anymore;I'm living the dreamand love it!25C at the moment
    Does central Florida have a better climate than parts of California or are they about the same? Which is the nicer place to live?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saw the first dragonflies of the year today!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Had a Tornado warning in our county - it's now a few counties to the East of us. Then again, what is a "warning" now is what was a "watch" when I was a kid. I love thunder storms.

It's pouring pretty hard, off and on, and our street is now a small river. We're trapped! lol. I had to pull the garbage cans back into the garage so they don't float away, then change into dry cloths. They were at the curb, but the tree-lawn is now ankle-deep in water. I did see a couple plastic garbage bins float down the street and try to turn down a side road before getting stuck where the currents are meeting. A neighbor across the street rescued them & put them in my yard so they are not in the middle of the street.

Pickups and SUV's keep blasting down the road. No one has stalled yet, but the water is to the floor-pan of a real van (not mini-van). There is a storm-sewer grating right in front of our apron, and water is coming out of it. I walked down the street (in the lawns) and water in the street is two-feet deep in some areas.
    Great photo opportunities, but it's dark, and I'm not taking a camera out in this. I tried with my cell phone, but it focused on the falling rain .

The back yard is starting to flood now, lol. The subdivision I live in was built circa 1970. We've had far worse storms over the years, but only had the flooding problems in the past 5 or 10, when the city decided to stop maintaining the sewers and started allowing cluster homes on an infrastructure meant for regular-sized homes and lots.

We have an empty crawl-space, no basement, so we are not worried, and we were kind of laughing at it. However, I feel bad for people about 500-feet each way down the street, as the flooding is worse, and their ground floors are at yard level - plus a lot have finished basements.
    I am sure there will be a lot of damage from this. Tomorrow is trash collection, and there will be a lot of couches set out. Sad what has become of our city. I'm going to call work tonite to let them know if I'm not in tomorrow, it's because the water hasn’t receded.

At least I don't live in Parma (Ohio). I've seen water flow uphill there.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had some nasty storms Sunday into Monday. The worst stuff (including some tornados) just missed us. I don't mind thunderstorms, but I do NOT like high winds with them or swirling wind. I'll take a Nor'easter over a tornado or high straight line wind any day.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin