Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,487   Posts: 1,644,762   Online: 896

Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 10505455565758596061626364656670 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Interesting, in England we say touch wood.
    I don't think everything in this entry is accurate (or necessarily connected), but - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocking_on_wood
    And I think it originated with touching ash wood? For the Celts and now UK anyway.

And it was over 90F today and expected to do the same tomorrow. It's almost 11pm and is still 79F here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    And it was over 90F today and expected to do the same tomorrow. It's almost 11pm and is still 79F here.
    It hasn't reached 79F at my place since last August. It topped out today at about 56F. Rumor has it, though, that a heat wave is coming by tomorrow. It's supposed to skyrocket to 68F...

Unfortunately, the days begin getting shorter again this upcoming Saturday...

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last couple days we hit about 91 or 92. We're supposed to have a storm tonight. Too bad I'll be asleep, I love thunderstorms.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    APUG: F4, F3HP, F2AS, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat EL, FT
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Ahh... But that's from the weather station mounted up on the roof of Frank Wagner Elementary School. I see it when I drive by headed for highway 522. The elevation there is only 289-feet. I live up in the hills to the northeast, closer to Sultan than to Monroe. It's only my mailing address that's in Monroe.

My house sits under a canopy of 120-foot firs and hemlocks. It's always several degrees cooler up here than down in town. And a LOT windier too, as we sit up on a minor east-facing ridge. And I swear more rain as well, probably due to the local uplift.

Although because of the trees I usually get a little less snow on the ground in my front yard than the more open hills and fields. Even so, we often have several inches on the ground, but by the time I drive down into Monroe there is none.

If I recall correctly my high-water-mark recording outdoor thermometer has yet to go above 78F this year. I know because I like to whine about it this time every year like clockwork.

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ken, if Scott Sistek of KOMO TV is to be believed, along with Cliff Mass from the UW, and the NWS, it might be a good idea to invest in a room AC unit. Might be as warm as 2009 was. Anyway, sometime soon, we need to have a Seattle area APUG gathering, even though there might be some barbs thrown at Ralph from flatulent1 with respect to Camera 8...

-J
    APUG: F4, F3HP, F2AS, Nikomat FT2, Nikkormat EL, FT
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-55/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't usually listen to the local weather dudes. I go right to the NWS source. And the CPC (NOAA Climate Prediction Center, the long-range guys) have us down for an above average chance for elevated temperatures, coupled with normal chances for precipitation, through most of the summer.

Here's their current Aug-Sep-Oct temperature and precipitation probabilities charts: Aug-Sep-Oct 2014

So I do need a trip to Kenmore Camera soon to look at a specific lens for one of my cameras. I haven't yet been inside their new store...

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It has been nice here for the past few days, but we had a nasty wind storm on Wednesday, and a tree fell on our house. The whole thing took only about 15 minutes, but the house shook. I have to get the film to the shop, but cell phone pictures are here:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1096741...eat=directlink
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    It finally go to 83°F. Every day just like the day before ... warm, sunny, light breeze, some nice clouds ... pretty much boring. It is a tough life but it beats living in the middle Atlantic states.
    I didn't even know there are states in the middle of the Atlantic...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin