Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,190   Online: 756

Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 13535758596061626364656667686973 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, sure, thanks, guys. At least I know what I'll be humming for the next few days.

And it's wicked windy here, but (knock on wood) no storms.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Interesting, in England we say touch wood.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We're a little more insistent.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Skies full of stars

Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Oh, sure, thanks, guys. At least I know what I'll be humming for the next few days.

And it's wicked windy here, but (knock on wood) no storms.
    You could always try some Coldplay
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We are about to have a heat wave this coming weekend in West Los Angeles. The temperatures will top 74 degrees F for the highs. Stay tuned. News at 11.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Interesting, in England we say touch wood.
    I don't think everything in this entry is accurate (or necessarily connected), but - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocking_on_wood
    And I think it originated with touching ash wood? For the Celts and now UK anyway.

And it was over 90F today and expected to do the same tomorrow. It's almost 11pm and is still 79F here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    And it was over 90F today and expected to do the same tomorrow. It's almost 11pm and is still 79F here.
    It hasn't reached 79F at my place since last August. It topped out today at about 56F. Rumor has it, though, that a heat wave is coming by tomorrow. It's supposed to skyrocket to 68F...

Unfortunately, the days begin getting shorter again this upcoming Saturday...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last couple days we hit about 91 or 92. We're supposed to have a storm tonight. Too bad I'll be asleep, I love thunderstorms.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Ahh... But that's from the weather station mounted up on the roof of Frank Wagner Elementary School. I see it when I drive by headed for highway 522. The elevation there is only 289-feet. I live up in the hills to the northeast, closer to Sultan than to Monroe. It's only my mailing address that's in Monroe.

My house sits under a canopy of 120-foot firs and hemlocks. It's always several degrees cooler up here than down in town. And a LOT windier too, as we sit up on a minor east-facing ridge. And I swear more rain as well, probably due to the local uplift.

Although because of the trees I usually get a little less snow on the ground in my front yard than the more open hills and fields. Even so, we often have several inches on the ground, but by the time I drive down into Monroe there is none.

If I recall correctly my high-water-mark recording outdoor thermometer has yet to go above 78F this year. I know because I like to whine about it this time every year like clockwork.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin