Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,083   Online: 1106

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454585960616263646566676869 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ken, if Scott Sistek of KOMO TV is to be believed, along with Cliff Mass from the UW, and the NWS, it might be a good idea to invest in a room AC unit. Might be as warm as 2009 was. Anyway, sometime soon, we need to have a Seattle area APUG gathering, even though there might be some barbs thrown at Ralph from flatulent1 with respect to Camera 8...

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't usually listen to the local weather dudes. I go right to the NWS source. And the CPC (NOAA Climate Prediction Center, the long-range guys) have us down for an above average chance for elevated temperatures, coupled with normal chances for precipitation, through most of the summer.

Here's their current Aug-Sep-Oct temperature and precipitation probabilities charts: Aug-Sep-Oct 2014

So I do need a trip to Kenmore Camera soon to look at a specific lens for one of my cameras. I haven't yet been inside their new store...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It has been nice here for the past few days, but we had a nasty wind storm on Wednesday, and a tree fell on our house. The whole thing took only about 15 minutes, but the house shook. I have to get the film to the shop, but cell phone pictures are here:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1096741...eat=directlink
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    We are about to have a heat wave this coming weekend in West Los Angeles. The temperatures will top 74 degrees F for the highs. Stay tuned. News at 11.
    It finally go to 83°F. Every day just like the day before ... warm, sunny, light breeze, some nice clouds ... pretty much boring. It is a tough life but it beats living in the middle Atlantic states.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It finally go to 83°F. Every day just like the day before ... warm, sunny, light breeze, some nice clouds ... pretty much boring. It is a tough life but it beats living in the middle Atlantic states.
    I didn't even know there are states in the middle of the Atlantic...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I didn't even know there are states in the middle of the Atlantic...
    They are hot and muggy in the summer and cold and damp in the winter.

The traffic is worse than Los Angeles and the traffic does not move. It is entirely the fault of the people that live there. The call northern Virginia "No Va." Not Nova like a star or something new, but "No va." as in Spanish meaning "It does not move."
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are hot and muggy in the summer and cold and damp in the winter.
    But if they're in the middle of the Atlantic, at least they all have an ocean view!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Look outside of Board , What are you seeing ?
    Sea !
    Thats all you will see at your entire voyage !

Moby Dick
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The weather here is perfect and still the same 20 minutes later and all day.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin