Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,191   Online: 1133

Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1757616263646566676869 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    27C and sunny. Wolf down dinner (stir fry free range yard bird) and then off to Burnaby Mountain Park to shoot the Vancouver skyline at sunset...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A nice break from the heat. Thunderstorms and a sprinkle of rain. 85F maximum before the clouds came and cooled everything down.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Rain and 17C in gothenburg Sweden. Hopefully a little better in Stockholm. Going there in 20 minutes

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Been cloudy and cool in the morning, with partly sunny skies in the afternoon. Temperatures around 68-72 deg F (or 20-22 deg C). Humidity a bit higher than previously. Can feel it in my arthritic joints.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Been cloudy and cool in the morning, with partly sunny skies in the afternoon. Temperatures around 68-72 deg F (or 20-22 deg C). Humidity a bit higher than previously. Can feel it in my arthritic joints.
    My (basement) darkroom dehumidifier does overtime duty this time of ear, even when set to just 50% humidity. Keeps the air wonderfully dry and the mildew under control, but heats up the room about 5F extra degrees.

Check out this link to the NWS CPC long-range (cascading 90-day) forecasts for the entire next year. They are saying a very good chance of higher than average temperatures and lower than average precipitation throughout the upcoming winter in western Washington state through next March.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Clear blue skies and a temperature around 20C. Forecast is for a high of 24C and more of the same. In a perfect world this would be "Kodachrome" weather; instead, I'll be shooting both E100G and E100VS...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Images
    Good Afternoon,

Finally, some real summer here in the St. Louis area. The overnight low was around 80°; conditions were perfect for an early-morning bike ride. We're headed well into the 90's with noticeable humidity this afternoon. Maybe this will be the first 100° day of the summer.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    My (basement) darkroom dehumidifier does overtime duty this time of ear, even when set to just 50% humidity. Keeps the air wonderfully dry and the mildew under control, but heats up the room about 5F extra degrees.

Check out this link to the NWS CPC long-range (cascading 90-day) forecasts for the entire next year. They are saying a very good chance of higher than average temperatures and lower than average precipitation throughout the upcoming winter in western Washington state through next March.

Ken
    Yep. We lost our furnace last November. This fall, we're thinking about putting in a heat pump. That should help keep the house cool in the summer, and provide decent heat in the winter.

Got that bookmarked. That, and the Cliff Mass weather blog, plus the University of Washington Probability Forecast page. Let's hope that it remains at a 65% chance, instead of dropping to 50% or less for El Niño.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting anecdotal observation earlier today.

The USGS reports that a magnitude 6.1 earthquake occurred at 3:20am in northern California. The hypocenter was located six miles southwest of Napa, California at a depth of seven kilometers (4-1/3 miles, that's fairly shallow). There are reports of both significant damage and injuries.

Moonrise this morning was at 5:34am, only 2 hours and 14 minutes earlier. The lunar phase was at only 0.9% as a waning crescent. This means the moon was positioned near collinear between the earth and the sun at the moment the fault line ruptured...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thundershowers and heavy rain, close by, yesterday and today, some within 10 miles. Some heavy flooding. Nothing here but clouds and a few sprinkles.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin