Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,973   Online: 889

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131757 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't think that's politically correct these days AgX, shouldn't it be a "Native American Summer"
    That's the other party. There's 2 here, ours (the normal regular people), and the ones looking for reasons to be "offended". Indian summer is fine. As for my location, tomorrow night will be my first fire in the wood stove.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Expected high of 15C here today on the Left Coast. Off to photograph some construction going on in the 'hood (stock shooting), shortly. Later in the pm I will head down to Barnet Marine Park to photograph seals, fishers, boaters, and humans. All-in-all great weather this week (read:no rain) - very productive, shooting-wise. Tomorrow? The forecast is for the same to continue; perhaps time to head to Steveston or White Rock. Saturday? Off to Chinatown in the am with the M6 and a couple of rolls of HP5. For the week? A much-needed, and well-used "vacation" (man, I sometimes wished I owned a TV set and/or was inclined to at least a few sedentary interests - outside of reading...). LOL
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Tom,

Wish we had a wooden stove , its even impossible to find cut wood in istanbul and we have a natural gas burner , german made and sucking our blood. Our home is big and have an very bad architecture , there are miles between saloon and the rooms at the back. I want days long rain , we miss rain and snow , for years our snowy days are a week or so. Everyone is in shock there is no old weather compared to 25 years ago

Umut

Shooter
    Large Format
    I tell you what Mustafa--going down in the woods in 40 degree F weather with a maul and ax, and a chainsaw is the life. You work hard, and build yourself up, and you get to stay nice and toasty-warm. And if you don't get out there and do it, then you'll freeze. Ain't no way I'm going to pay the propane company to come out here and bleed me dry. Forget that. I never kept very warm on propane anyway. Now I can keep as warm as I'm willing to work for it. Splitting firewood is addictive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    no more 70-80º days here
    heat's on and its like 30ºF in the am
    maybe, if we are lucky, its 55ºF mid day
    still sunny, just ... fall
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Dear Tom,

You put it excellent. May be no snow and rain is faraway better for poor people , last evening a paper collector fall off and we ran to help him , he has diabetes and very cold , I gave him a anorak and he said we have no heating at home and he need money for childrens heating , I could not give him money , ... credit card and offered dried food. Better weather is good for everyone , I left the antarctic dreams to national geographic readers.

take care there,
    Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Cloudy and low-mid 50s here in the Seattle area.

-J
    APUG: F5, F4s, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Around here today we've had gale force winds and torrential rain, and it's still only October, I'm dreading the rest of the Winter, but at least we are retired and have just ordered a big delivery of food and household essentials to keep in stock so we can hibernate if the weather becomes too bad to go out over the Winter.
    Ben

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    What's the weather doing where you are? Here in West Cornwall, England it's about 70F and raining quite hard.
    hate to tell you but e have 80F+, blue skies and full sun from dawn to duskBTW,what is rain?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wandering all along 20s
    mixed rain, and almost little or no cold spell.
    It is like winter doesnt exist.
    definitely warmer than previous years, and definitely later onset of change of seasons into colder temperatures.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin