Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,715   Online: 1260

Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141858 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    hate to tell you but e have 80F+, blue skies and full sun from dawn to duskBTW,what is rain?
    If you don't experience rain, you can't appreciate sunshine. Everything is relative.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Here in Florida we are just entering our dry season. The lower humidity makes it quit pleasant. Also temperatures should be keeping below 80F (27C).
    gerald, do you have any tips especially for floridians on dry chemical storage?after his dry season, the next wet season is inundubitablyjustaround the corner.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    If you don't experience rain, you can't appreciate sunshine. Everything is relative.
    Haha, getting all that in a day now.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ralph,

I live in south Florida and the only dry chemicals I store other than in the original unopened containers are sodium sulfite, edta and citric acid that I use for pt/pd. They are kept in the plastic jars as they come from Bostick & Sullivan and remain okay. I suppose you could use ziplok bags and express excess air before closing and maybe keep them in the refrigerator that would be dry.

Also the other day you mentioned going digital because you would no longer have a darkroom. I suggested checking out a photography program in a nearby college/jr, college as they might have a darkroom and could appreciate your expertise.

Enjoy sunny Florida.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cold...damn cold, here in Jasper, AB. Yesterday am, the thermometer showed -29C; with wind chill, it was at least 10C colder. The trip up here from Vancouver (temperature of -4C atop Burnaby Mountain when I left) was a near-11 hour white knuckle experience (I usually do it in 6 1/2 - 6 3/4 hours in my German car). Oh, the silly things I will do to shoot photographs. At any rate, despite fresh batteries, the F5 and F4s bodies were toast after four or five shots (I literally could watch the battery indicator fall after each picture I took); as always, the F2AS was called upon, and worked throughout the day without protest. The 500c/m, loaded with FP4 plus likewise performed without any hesitation.

The upside of shooting in this deep freeze: 1. Despite the bitter cold, the scenery was beautiful; and 2. No touristas! I did not see a single soul the entire 120km of the Icefields Parkway on my trip down to the Columbia Icefields, or at any of the destinations I stopped at to shoot: Athabasca Falls, Honeymoon Lake, the "Boulder Garden," Tangle Creek or at the Icefields themselves.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    26 degrees F. Ice and snow on the ground. More snow and freezing rain forecasted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    It's a "refreshing" -10 C and sunny this morning. Sigh... winter again.
    - Ian

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey BradleyK did you mean 29 F?........
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Hey BradleyK did you mean 29 F?........
    I doubt that the temperature in Jasper has been 29F (-2C) for well over a month! BTW: I think my conversion is more or less correct. Fahrenheit and other imprecise/crude scales of measurement went the way of Mr Dinosaur years ago up here. lol
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Fahrenheit and other imprecise/crude scales of measurement went the way of Mr Dinosaur years ago up here. lol
    Fahrenheit has a longer scale between freezing and boiling point and therefore provides more precise reading.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin