Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,072   Online: 942

Page 1 of 84 12345671151 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Weather where you are

What's the weather doing where you are? Here in West Cornwall, England it's about 70F and raining quite hard.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Istanbul was windy and sunny during last week. We call these winds karayel , black wind. Now its göne and today was the hottest day in 3 months past. Now it is ramadan and people stay hungry from 3AM to 9PM. My sister lives at Paris and she says hot and rainy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    NC/SC border east of Charlotte--91 degrees and the mosquitos and no-see-ems are out in full glory. Guaranteed to be eaten alive, even inside your socks and in bed.

Images
    Good Afternoon, Clive,

Here in the St. Louis area today, it's totally cloudless and in the low 70's. I just returned from an hour or so on the bike trail where I found the north breeze a bit too cool for my taste. Yesterday (mid-90's with humidity) was much preferable for biking, but at least the cloudy, rainy, stormy weather we had earlier in the summer seems to have gone. Overall, spring and summer have been cooler and wetter than normal, in contrast to last year's great summer when many highs of over 100 degrees were recorded.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RI (coastal) ...
    hot as hades, humid as a swamp.
    it rained last night, not much help tho

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After the T storms rolled through last night, we had low 50's over night and high of 75 this afternoon. It's supposed to drop into the mid 40's tonight, more like mid to late September weather than the dog days we should be experiencing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Inland Southern California- 92 degrees F right where I am, 33% humidity, no chance of rain, wind WNW @5-10 MPH. Nice day. I prefer less humidity, but that's just me.
    Being close to desert, mountains and beaches, plus lots of elevation differences, it's pretty easy to find different conditions. High temperatures can vary around town 5 degrees this time of year.
    It's of course hotter 30 miles east where the low desert starts, but still moderate for July; Palm Springs is at 104F. Looking out the window I see lots of clouds over the mountains to the northeast, about 25 miles straight-line; so they might be getting rain, as well might the high desert another 10 miles or so on the other side. The mountain rains are delightful when you're up there; it rains and then the clouds move on, leaving everything sparkling and cooled off. The desert rains are dramatic, with lots of lightning and drenching rain, and utterly stifling humidity after, which is a trip because humidity might well be in the 5% range just before the clouds form.
    It rained here on the 20th- very unusual. We almost never get more than a trace in the summer. Sure was nice.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always nice here in Australia! Mid winter days bring a morning frost and nice clear sunny days...around 18 deg Celsius yesterday, same today I believe. Winter is a great time of year for the low light, we are far enough south to get a reasonable winter.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After we omitted spring this year, now in late July it is getting really hot. And time for swimming in the lakes. Something I could do in the past as early as in May...

At the end of June I had to crank up the heating!
    Last edited by AgX; 07-24-2013 at 08:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Always nice here in Australia!
    Ditto here in Adelaide.
    Middle of winter, 16* and partly cloudy today, 7 overnight and sunny 17 tomorrow. Too bad I'm stuck in the office weekdays.
    At least it's finally dry enough to ride my bike to work, but still a bit nipply in the morning (good timing too, petrol just hit $1.65/L).
    I almost did today (but tomorrow I definitely will) throw my new Retina in the bag to test on some sunrise/sunset shots.

*Yes yanks, that's Celcius.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Page 1 of 84 12345671151 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin