Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,247   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Favourite places to photograph in New Brunswick, Canada?

I'll be visiting NB next week and would appreciate advice regarding interesting places for 8x10 landscape shooting. I've spend some time in PEI and Nova Scotia but not NB. Also interested in costal towns. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    35mm
    Aside from the obvious "Flower Pot Rocks" at Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy, Kouchibouguac National Park - between Moncton and Miramichi - is pretty fantastic. I shot a ton of 4x5 there earlier this month.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cannot recall the name of the place at the moment. You take the south coast road out of St John to the east. It used to be a dead end, but I think there was a though road being built inlands a bit onwards toward Sussex when I was there last a few years ago. The old road ended at an old fishing community, now abandon that mght have been a national park property.

I took lots of nice images of the hand built sea wall of stones, to enhance the protection of the delta area of the creek and the remains of the the stages (docks) and piers. Nice gravel and sand bars full of driftwood and logs to walk up the freshwater crekk inland as well.

Sorry for the vagness.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't recall the name of the university that was on the highway from Moncton to Halifax. It may have been in Amherst but it is noted for its arts programs. Although this was a few years ago the head of the photography program was doing beautiful work with a banquet camera and had published a few books. The names escape me but if you are interested, some internet searching should turn it up. The campus is quite nice and we stayed in a small b&b type hotel where he would often come in to eat. Hopewell Rocks at low tide is great -- check the tide schedule first. St. Andrews along the water has excellent possibilities for you especially around sunup or sundown. I found the names: Mount Allison University in Sackville and professor Thaddeus Holownia.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'm already putting together an itinerary....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin