Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,836   Online: 1088

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Soon to Western Mass.

We will shortly be camping in the Granville forest in western Mass.
    Anything exciting or special out there to shoot?
    (I'll probably just shoot everything since it's my first time there.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice quiet area of Massachusetts, bordering a similarly quiet area of CT (not very far from me). A lot of lakes and ponds; no spectacular views that I can think of offhand, but you'll see some very pretty small towns and farms right in the area. You are also not far from the Berkshires there, with places like Tanglewood (summer home of the Boston Symphony) and Jacob's Pillow (renowned modern dance festival). Also, there are some excellent museums -- I think of the summer homes of Edith Wharton and Daniel Chester French. Peaches are in season right now!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I find exciting things to shoot everywhere. Although now it has to be real exciting or delicious to get my film out.

Shooter
    Medium Format

awhile ago.

i haven't been out that way in over 10 years... but remember not lacking any photo ops - old barns, interesting towns, people. i was there in summer, and did go to tanglewood, but remembered good views! have fun!

jvo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have not already been and gone, or are there now, go to Williamstown. One of the most beautiful colleges (Williams) in the US and a terrific piece of New England. There are two nice art museums there also: the Clark and the Williams college museum. A bit East of there in North Adams is MassMOCA (Goggle it).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a couple of dry-stone railroad bridges that have to be seen to be believed. Another link to them is here.

I second the idea of a visit to Williamstown. Don't miss the Clark Institute if you like museums. Great place and it's free.

Shelburne Falls is worth a visit if you have a chance. The glacial potholes and the Bridge of Flowers are pretty photogenic and the town offers a nice place for an artsy afternoon stop. Lampson and Goodnow cutlery is there (good outlet shop for kitchenware) and there is a hot-shop for blown glass.

Have fun!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin