Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,521   Online: 871

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    It is not that bad there. The colds he had was more likely due to being thrown into contact with people with new germs he had never been exposed to before -- no immunity built up -- and the stress that his body was being put through. When the boys and I go down to San Clemente for Thanksgiving every year, we are the few that are on the beach and in the water. Water temp is in the balmy low 60'sF and the air temps nice and warn -- 60's to 70F. Ocean water up here rarely gets above the low 50's. -- and 60's for the air temps! And that is in the summer!
    Yes you are right Vaughn about the germs being spread, my wife is a high school teacher and colds, flu are spread easily throw the class room. You would think students that age would use hankies or hold there hand to there mouth when sneezing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Yes you are right Vaughn about the germs being spread, my wife is a high school teacher and colds, flu are spread easily throw the class room. You would think students that age would use hankies or hold there hand to there mouth when sneezing.
    Try this scenerio:

My triplets in three different school classes, their mom working full time in a hospital, and me at the university. It was amazing that we were usually healthy!

But then one of the triplets would disappear under a counter, table, or whatever as soon as my back was turned -- and show up chewing gum. He built up a great immune system! But we did start buying him gum instead!!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Try this scenerio:

My triplets in three different school classes, their mom working full time in a hospital, and me at the university. It was amazing that we were usually healthy!

But then one of the triplets would disappear under a counter, table, or whatever as soon as my back was turned -- and show up chewing gum. He built up a great immune system! But we did start buying him gum instead!!
    Between all of you, you were in contact with enough variety, you probably developed antibodies pretty quickly to each others and your own. If you weren't overboard with cleaning stuff when they were young, their immune systems probably developed a decent ability to react properly.
    My mom was the substitute school nurse while my brother and I were in school and she got sick the first year, but never after that.

It got above freezing here the other day - I thought it was summer! didn't zip the jacket, didn't wear gloves, it was great! It's back in the teens, but that's not too bad. It's only when it's windy that I can't deal - it does seem to be windier here, too. 'Course, the house is on the top of a hill, too. Wind has always bothered my lungs - I used to gasp and gulp when wind hit my face. I don't as much now, but it still bothers me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ha,Ha, got to watch those little ones,they come up with the most amazing stunts.Reminds of the song "Does you chewing Gum loose it's flavor on the bed post over night"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Spare a thought for our friends in Cairo, Egypt - snow for the first time in 112 years

http://world.time.com/2013/12/13/rar...rea-residents/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Is this call global warming
    Good news great for photo op

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Spare a thought for our friends in Cairo, Egypt - snow for the first time in 112 years

http://world.time.com/2013/12/13/rar...rea-residents/

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Nuttiness

QUOTE=lxdude;1582412]Right now, 7:30PM, it's 55 degress F. Perfect for the Christmas parade tonight! It's a big one, about 120 entries, and will run over 2 1/2 hours, so it's nice that folks will not get too chilly. Last week at this time, it was so cold that the squirrels were frantic because their nuts were frozen to the ground![/QUOTE]

Ouchski!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Right now, 7:30PM, it's 55 degress F. Perfect for the Christmas parade tonight! It's a big one, about 120 entries, and will run over 2 1/2 hours, so it's nice that folks will not get too chilly. Last week at this time, it was so cold that the squirrels were frantic because their nuts were frozen to the ground!
    55°F! That is almost inhumane! Break out the parkas and thermal underwear! If it gets any colder the brass monkeys will have to come inside and dogs will refuse to go outside to relieve themselves! Oh the inhumanity!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Today it's raining so hard in LA that I actually had to use my windshield wiper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you remember where the control is located?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin