Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,848   Online: 958

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    There are good and bad aspects of every place.
    We have a new standard: "colder than Iceland"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seriousy.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	78067

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    air conditioner?? What is this air conditioner thing you speak of?
    It's that button in the car that you never push. In 35 Summers in New Hamster, I believe I've used the car AC twice.

A traditional NH Fourth of July in our family involves swimming in the lake all day, then sitting around a roaring fire at night.

Charley

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    But if you don't have a winter, you don't really appreciate the summer.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen View Post
    It's that button in the car that you never push. In 35 Summers in New Hamster, I believe I've used the car AC twice.

A traditional NH Fourth of July in our family involves swimming in the lake all day, then sitting around a roaring fire at night.

Charley
    Yes, and the New Hampshire state motto is
    Live, Freeze, and Die!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    But if you don't have a winter, you don't really appreciate the summer.
    Translation for Seattle...

"If you don't suffer through the 48 weeks, you won't really appreciate the 4 weeks."

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rochester New York has two seasons: Winter and the Fourth of July. Some years Rochester does not get the Fourth of July.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    North East Ohio has only two seasons as well... winter and construction season (a.k.a. orange barrel season (freeway repairs)). With the growing overlap, it seems they are trying to get rid of winter.

I'd rather have the cold. You can always layer more clothing. If it's too hot you can only take off so much, and if you're still too warm, you can only suffer.

I love snow. In the Greater Cleveland Area, every winter people act as if they've never seen snow before. I've begun to sarcastically reassure these people that they'll get used to it after they've lived here a couple years. When they tell me they grew up here, I then ask why the hell they are freaking out. (I grew up here too.)
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Rochester New York has two seasons: Winter and the Fourth of July. Some years Rochester does not get the Fourth of July.
    It was that way when I lived in Park City, Ut. The last winter I was there it hit -66F and when I moved away there was still over 4 feet of snow in my front yard in early July.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read somewhere that the US Midwest has some of the largest temperature spans anywhere on the planet. With possible -30*F or even -40*F it it's really freaking cold, and more than +100*F in the summer with sticky humidity, the span can be as wide as 145 degrees F. That's 80 degrees C to all you civilized people.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    I read somewhere that the US Midwest has some of the largest temperature spans anywhere on the planet. With possible -30*F or even -40*F it it's really freaking cold, and more than +100*F in the summer with sticky humidity, the span can be as wide as 145 degrees F. That's 80 degrees C to all you civilized people.
    True! I'm living the dream in Missouri...

The really fun thing is, that it was 70 F on Wednesday, and Thursday night it was 9F. Friday, the high was 21F.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin