Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,130   Online: 1135

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have been to Mexico City, Oaxaca and Patzcuaro carrying tripod and camera bag full of Rolleiflex stuff in the last 6 years and never had any sense of menace or danger. Except being stopped by the police and told to be careful going down one particular street in Mexico City and being stopped by an old lady and warned not to go down another particular street in Patzcuaro. Otherwise I feel safer there than in the US. Same thing in lots of little surrounding villages. Traveled by bus, cab and public transportation.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Early Riser View Post
    San Miguel de Allende.

Thanks for all the replies.
    You'll be fine!

I haven't been to San Miguel de Allende in years but when I was there it was a very tame quiet town. It's very touristy and there are lots of expats, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I'm pretty sure they are there for good reason, it's gorgeous. The locals are friendly and the light is incredible there!

I would bring whatever camera you want and take lots and lots of pictures. You're biggest risk of theft is probably a hippie backpacker!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the owners of this site: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/index.shtml winters in San Miguel de Allende. I would think that you could get some pretty specific info by posting your question on there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to the Mexican government, each person is only allowed to bring in one camera and a limited amount of film (12 rolls? Look to be sure; I just read it last week, however). How literal the authorities are on this issue, I have no idea. I've only spent about six hours in Mexico and they didn't look at my gear (we crossed the border on foot from California).
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin