Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,155   Online: 852

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOOD!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FOOD!

OK, I know that second only to great photographs or out photographing for photographers is food or more to the point where to go. So I'm asking all you western half of the US. Where is the best place to eat while out on a fieldtrip.
    An example for me is I took a John Sexton workshop and we went as a group to a dinner in Carmel Valley that had the best Cheese/chili soup.
    Lets share.
    I don't want any of that Scotish dinner McDonald's!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the Tucson area, this is a no brainer. Best Mexican restaurant, for my vote, goes to El Torrero. Don't know the address, but it is at south 4th avenue and 26th street (north west corner), just behind the pawn shop, so you won't find it unless some one tells you about it. Wonderful Sonoran style food, great staff, "interesting" atmosphere and very inexpensive prices. Same owners and waitresses for many years and incredible food.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cameo on 82nd and Sandy in Portland. Perfect place to go for breakfast after photographing the sunrise. They have jugs of REAL maple syrup on every table and sell their delicious pancakes by the acre.

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    San Francisco, the Piers have great food
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    San Francisco - that's a place where it's hard to get a bad meal. Really like the Asian places, especially Thai. Also the seafood.

Mountain View - anything along Castro Street (that's why the locals call it "gastro street")

Napa Valley - Trevigne

Monterey - Rapa's at the end of Fisherman's Wharf is great for lunch

Images
    Tucson-What Nose said , or EL-Menudo
    Cortez CO-Fiesta Mexicana, The Homesteader, Cortez Brewery, Dry Dock
    Mancos CO-Can't remember the name but it is right next to the big victorian house
    La Plata CO-Kennebec Cafe and bakery
    Durango CO-Texas bar-B-Q place, Mamas Boy, Lady Falconburgh, East by Southwest
    Albuquerque NM-Gardunios, Little Anitas, Macaroni Grill
    Gallup MN- Jerry's Cafe, Grandpa's Grill

Yep I eat out alot when I am on the road. Especially in the winter. These are where I like to go. In the SUmmer, in the mountains go to a grocery or deli get a sandwich and eat it in the aspens or pines. Everything tastes better outside, even Balogna
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are down near San Diego, in Encinitas, there's a place called "La Especial Norte". Best I've had in the area. They were in last year's Saveur magazines. They have about a dozen mexican soups to try out. Its a couple of blocks off the beach which is nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    La Especial Norte packs them in for miles...don't forget the Sunday Menudo to cure that hang-over...nothing like tripe in the morning...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ohau -

"The Pyramids" - Egyptian food and belly dancing. Located in the Kapahulu District of Honolulu, near Waikiki.

Kauai -

"Keoki's Paradise" - Poipu Beach
    http://www.keokisparadise.com/
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Utah

Here's my suggestions...

In Brigham City: Idle Isle
    In Park City: Ciceros
    Moab: Zax Wood Fired Pizza 96 South Main Street,
    [color=#0000ff]Moab Brewery[/color] 686 South Main
    St. George: Cafe Rio on the blvd
    Zion: Hamberger joint on the east side. On the west, Zion Pasta and Noodle http://www.zionpizzanoodle.com/menu.html
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin