Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,631   Online: 807

Thread: Ecuador

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ecuador

Do we have any members from Ecuador, or anyone with any photographic experience in Ecuador? I might be going there in the future. I've never been there, but it looks like there's lots of things worthy of a photograph or three!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Galápagos Islands are beautiful along with Quito and Otavo which is not to far from the city.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If this pans out, I might be there for a while, and probably in the southern part of the country. Maybe near Cuenca or Loja. Do you think there might be any chance of buying black and white film or in any of the bigger cities? Chemicals? I'm hoping someone comes along to tell me the country is a hotbed of analogue photography, but if not I can probably get stuff shipped in through companies that specialize in that sort of thing.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Andreas, I'll try and contact him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When in Ecuador, try the Guinea pig. They're roasted or fried.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've eaten them in Peru in villages on the Amazon side, 30 years ago. I remember them keeping the guinea pigs in the corner of the dirt floor kitchen, and throwing any scraps their way. When any would start to wander they'd be swept back into the corner with a straw broom. Thanks for the reminder!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin