Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,186   Online: 1101

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

AZ Wildflower Report Looks Good.

Indications are the wildflowers are starting to bloom down in AZ.

http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/az.html#anchor005

I'm making a change of plans and will arrive very early for Easter this year in Phoenix. Anyone else going to be around over the next month?

Images
    If this rain continues and does not wash them away I have very tenative plans to head that way on my Spring Break in late march.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard that AZ was going to be designated as the Evercactii Swamp, thus being able to compete with Florida's Everglades.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Images
    At the rate water is dumping from the sky I am woking on plans for an Ark. the southwest is not known for including water runoff when planning streets. How do people in seattle survive with no sun. It has only been cloudy for 3 days now and I'm going nuts. I had to hang out under my hydroponics lights for a while.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well AZ is a big state and it doesn't rain everywhere nor all the time. Storms come and move pretty quickly. The one thing about the storms tho are the tremendous oportunities for shots with clouds in the sky, since alot of times it's just blue skies. Btw, those storm shots can be pretty nice.

If anyone is interested in hooking up let me know. Right now I should be there around the first of March unless something big happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just up from my nap after trying to get a water shot with cactus. The Catalina Highway was closed at the bottom due to rock slides (mountains north of town). Reddington pass is gushing water and I couldn't get close enough due to the cliffs I was working along this morning (east of town). Folks, it is wet now!

I dumped the rain gauge two days ago, we had 2" from the last storm and checked this morning, another 1 3/8" in the last day and a half. This should be a spectacular spring, best since 1998. There are a few things beginning to bloom, but it is early still, another month and it should be a riot of color.

Anyone from other parts, please remember to bring your comb! Cholla cactus is like the "Tar Baby" and is difficult to get away from without a comb. tim

P.S. Will keep you all posted when things begin to bloom. Generally, starts about the end of February and then continues with variations into August and the summer rains in and around Tucson.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    Indications are the wildflowers are starting to bloom down in AZ.

http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/az.html#anchor005

I'm making a change of plans and will arrive very early for Easter this year in Phoenix. Anyone else going to be around over the next month?

Wayne, Thanks for the link. I'm not able to make it out to Az. this year but am going to make it a point to get down to Majave...Looks like it's going to be a beautiful spring in the desert!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This was in today's paper (Arizona Daily Star, a Tucson paper, also known as the "Red Star" in terms of content and editorial slant). It is a generic summary, but it does give a good overview of the bloom so far. We had a heck of a thunderstorm last night, about 1 1/4" of rain and hail in 1/2 hour. More water! tim

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/62228.php

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin