Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,353   Online: 1052

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last year on the way back from Disneyland with my kids I was harassed at the airport for taking a picture outside the airport while waiting for our ride. I was asked by the police officer, as I'm standing with my little kids in Disney T-shirts holding stuffed animals, what I was taking pictures of. I said I was taking pictures of the airport architecture (it was recently remodeled.) The officer said I did not look like an architect and started asking for my ID. As I was getting out my ID, some other officers saw the making of a confrontation and came over to aid in the harassment. It pretty much spoiled the vacation. Next time we are using a different airport.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    Always keep a spare roll of film to give to them :]

Is this a blank roll of film and can I ask what this will do to help? Your comment may have been a joke which I am too thick to appreciate and if so I am sorry I have missed the joke.

I do agree that the whole thing is a sad indictment of the times we live in or have allowed ourselves to live in.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    paul_c4x5... that is HILARIOUS. Thanks. The only thing I crave more than British weather and food is British comedy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah the joys of photography in the USA.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Is this a blank roll of film and can I ask what this will do to help? Your comment may have been a joke which I am too thick to appreciate and if so I am sorry I have missed the joke.

I do agree that the whole thing is a sad indictment of the times we live in or have allowed ourselves to live in.

Thanks

pentaxuser
    People who don't know about film won't know the difference, in fact you could pre-wright "airport" on it haha

I'm going to use this next time.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photographing a pilot snoozing!? It would seem fairly harmless to me, but could potentially impinge on professional reputation if it made its way online. I won't go as far as to say airline staff are sacred cows, but personally I would not photograph any airline staff out of respect for them and any known or grey areas in security. To me, a snoozing pilot is no more worrying than a couple of them sharing a laugh in the cockpit in full view of passengers looking out from the waiting area.

But I don't think we'd get off scot-free here in Australia doing that on the airside of the airport. We cannot photograph any part of the plane on open tarmac that passengers are crossing en route to the plane — doing so means being stopped to a) delete all images before either cabin staff or ground staff or b) confiscation of film or c) refusal of boarding and handing over to security. I saw this first hand at Alice Springs last November when a guy wielding a camera snappily wandered away from the established approach route and photographed under the tail of the plane (that would be quite a dramatic angle) — I watched aghast; frequent travellers know this is just not allowed at any time. Two ground staff grabbed him, another took his camera and the plane apparently left without him.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    with this internet age i don't blame people for not wanting their photograph taken film digital it doesn' t matter.
    whether or not privacy is expected or not, if someone doesn't want their photograph taken for fear of being plastered
    all over the internet or whatever ... that doesn't bother me at all ( i know i don't like it ).
    regarding airports .. they usually make up whatever rules they want ... and usually if you don't have olive or dark skin
    you won't be hassled ...

YMMV
    Last edited by jnanian; 05-08-2014 at 08:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: still talking gibberish

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    with this internet age i don't blame people for not wanting their photograph taken film digital it doesn' t matter.
    whether or not privacy is expected or not, if someone doesn't want their photograph taken for fear of being plastered
    all over the internet or whatever ... that doesn't bother me at all ( i know i don't like it )..
    I would think the folks on APUG would appreciate the privacy issues involved since most here won't even show their country in their profile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    . and usually if you don't have olive or dark skin
    you won't be hassled ...
    I do not agree with that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    I do not agree with that.
    typically people with skin tone are harassed by law enforcement for no reason at all
    other than profiling i have been since the early 1980s ...
    its a fact of life that some have had to learn to live with
    and this age of melanin-o-phobia its evenworse .. i could
    write stories that would make you cringe but i won't ..

of course i should have said YMMV, sorry ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 05-08-2014 at 08:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: its fixedm and i still talk gibberish

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin