Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,734   Online: 1084

Shooter
    Multi Format

Weather in Ireland in June...?

Since many of the folks I've talked with in the last number of months indicated the weather in their part of the world has been unusual, to the point of record setting, in recent times, I was wondering if any members in Ireland might care to share their views on the weather in their part of the world specifically. After many years of wanting to, my wife and I leave for two weeks touring there this evening. We've got an itinerary that takes us to as many of the places we've read of, heard of, or seen in various media and a car reserved.

One of the big unknowns is the weather. (We, of course, will be taking our rain-gear, as we're from the wet coast of BC and it's normal attire.)

So, how's it shaping up over there for the first couple of weeks of June? Wet and warm, dry and cold, or a permutation of these, or "normal" (which I can look up)?

Thanks! Dave

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You will either need water wings or sun cream.

The Guinness (for the non driver) is the only thing you can be sure will be good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My good friend is a native, real deal Irishman. He was helping me with our house one cold and rainy winter day, and after I commented on the weather, he said "You know what we call this in Ireland? Summer!"
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A little warmer (18C, 64F) than usual, and not as rainy as usual, I'd say. Having said that, June is a good month to visit Ireland, weather-wise, and for other reasons, too. Blooms are going crazy everywhere, it is greener with more shades of it except maybe for May, nights are very short and days are very long... In any 7 day period you should expect sunshine interspersed with light rain, might even be so several times in a day, but the chances of rain-free days are higher than during winter or the early spring.

In other words, pleasantly unpredictable.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Rafal Lukawiecki;--->snip In other words, pleasantly unpredictable.[/QUOTE]

Rafal, this sounds almost perfect.

Xmas, I guess we've have the packing covered then. Co-pilot isn't a Guinness fan, more inclined towards ciders. The driver is - but only at the end of the day...

Thanks folks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The cider is excellent too just remember your legs will fall off.
    The natives won't mind your accent but you will have troubles with theirs in the remote areas especially in North.

edit unless you asked you will probably get a stick shift with a sports car suspension.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Falling off of legs... I'll be sure to warn her.

I requested a stick shift. I'm hoping the car won't be like the Focus I had last time I was in Scotland - very low profile tires, sporty suspension. Interesting driving on the narrow twisties, but the rims took a bit of a beating. I only added a single dingle to one rim on a granite curbstone in a little village likely older than Canada. I wasn't charged for it as they had noted on the pre-inspection that the rims had "nicks".

Regarding accents...I can hardly understand the folks of eastern Canada (and I don't mean the folks of Quebec), but it's fun to try. (In a prior life we once sent a good old boy from the southern USA to Newfoundland to do some training. We all wished we could have been in the room when he told them to "jam it into the right slot and slam that puppy home..." while describing how to properly kit out a large paging terminal (I did witness him telling a group from Korea's phone company exactly that - priceless)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin