Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,496   Online: 984

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forget about x-rays, you may need to find the way to beat the heat of Rome. ;-)
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by skysh4rk View Post
    What is high speed in your case? I think you'll be okay through three airports as long as you keep the film in your carry on baggage. I've sent my ISO 400 film through plenty of x-ray scanners and still haven't seen any ill effects. I've even travelled with Portra 800 without incident. If you're concerned about Delta 3200, remember that it's actually an ISO 1000 film.

When I've been worried about high speed film and airports, one trick that I've employed is to put a roll or two in my pocket for when I go through the metal detectors so that it avoids the x-ray scan. I don't really do that anymore though as I haven't seen any ill effects from x-rays to warrant the effort.
    I need to remove my shoes and have them xrayed as they are safety shoes for haz handling with steel toecaps.
    Ditto wrist watch a small self wind Omega tic tock
    Ditto belt for metal clasp

To get through metal detectors and they still trip occasionally maybe on my metal specs...

the staff don't mind frisking people, the metal detector only lets through a % of clean individuals, if you have a steel implant...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Forget about x-rays, you may need to find the way to beat the heat of Rome. ;-)
    I've hiked through some of the worst heat in Bangkok. Rome should be OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I imagine Bangkok is overrun with those noisy scooters too. I can still hear them buzzing in my head 25 years after visiting Rome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now they have more cars with no traffic rules ;-)
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to bring one medium format camera.....28mm or 44mm (eq.) lens? What would you do?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I'm going to bring one medium format camera.....28mm or 44mm (eq.) lens? What would you do?
    I suppose this is really a pretty personal question. I would personally be taking the GF670 rather than the wide option, but I'm admittedly not much of a wide angle guy. Isn't the GF670 just slightly more compact as well, as the lens folds completely into the body?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skysh4rk View Post
    I suppose this is really a pretty personal question. I would personally be taking the GF670 rather than the wide option, but I'm admittedly not much of a wide angle guy. Isn't the GF670 just slightly more compact as well, as the lens folds completely into the body?
    It's a lot more compact. I just don't know how much I'll miss wide angle in Rome. I am leaning towards bringing the folder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would bring my Hasselblad 903 SWC for a very wide angle. I would use the 50mm lens for wide angle otherwise.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin