Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,494   Online: 1017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    ... someone could tell me the current geographic location of my 49mm IR filter, before I throw a tantrum
    Throw your tantrum, then go get a new filter. As soon as you do that the missing one will surface.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm

a fib

79 Wistful Vista.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are going about looking for it the wrong way. Just think. Every time you find something that you lost, it is in the last place you looked.

Therefore just go to the last place that you would look for the filter and it will be there!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like Rick said once you buy a new one the old one will show up!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    You are going about looking for it the wrong way. Just think. Every time you find something that you lost, it is in the last place you looked.

Therefore just go to the last place that you would look for the filter and it will be there!
    Best suggestion so far.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee

"It is better to travel well than to arrive." - Buddha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i FLATLY refuse to buy a new one.

I did find the 46mm (after emptying several boxes, three times each) so could use that with my 46-49mm step-up (which I also found), and if it vignettes I can pretend to myself if was Artistic Intent.

The trouble is the last time I had the damn thing was just 12 months ago, and my house hasn't got any tidier in the interim. That difficulty is compounded by the fact that, rather like a small child, when I finish using something I tend to put it down wherever I am ... I expect all you sciency-everything-in-it's-place-and-a-place-for-everything types will be rolling your eyes and tut-tutting of course ...

In my harum-scarum days my friends would come round of an evening to collect me for a night out, and simply came in and made themselves comfortable with the TV and a drink whilst I spendt anything up to 40 minutes trying to find my keys, cigarettes, wallet, lighter ... u.s.w. ... so it's nothing new.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the consolation is; you're not alone. My Dad used to say it's because "you have too much stuff"! Unfortunately, I "have too much stuff". Now I've got to go look for that IR filter I can't find. Summer is here and it's time for IR photos.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    i FLATLY refuse to buy a new one.

In that case, let me revise my advise to you: Have a nice cup of tea and continue to agonize over the loss until it (hopefully, and without too much delay) finds you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you normally use it on either a rangefinder or TLR, take a good look at that lens cap again.

If you normally use it on a lens that can be removed from the camera, take those lens caps off and look again.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    same place as the lens hood for my rollei 2.8 E.

I'm convinced that there is a parallel world where things like this go to vacation for a while. Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't.

If they come back, you will find your filter one day sitting on top of a shelf, or something, probably on top of a book you read only last week.

Sometimes they never come back. Maybe they're happier in the parallel world, like my lens shade.

I finally gave up and bought a new one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin