Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,830   Online: 836

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Where would you like to go?

If you were given a net jet card, what would be your top 10 destinations to shoot off a few rolls of film?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The journey would be a big part of the deal for me. I'd ask for some touch and goes and full throttle takeoffs.
    Then perhaps Iceland would be a nice place. I don't need ten destinations. I'd be more interested in seeing one or two real well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I'd first like to photograph places my parents and grandparents were born, and places from vacation photos from before I was alive. Most of these are local, but there would be a few flights within the continental U.S. (and my mom was born in a car, so I'd have to figure that one out). Birthplaces would then extend to Europe for most great-grandparents - mostly the Mediterranean region.

Plus I'd love to visit the Parthenon in Greece and, of course, Rome, exposing a lot of film in the process.

If I had any flights left I'd want to hit the remaining continents, probably a rural or suburban area - any would be fine for me. I live in a suburb, close to some mildly rural communities, and would enjoy photographing other country's equivalent to where I live.

With the exception of Grecco-Roman architecture, it seems I'm more into photographing life than I am the typical fare. I do like that too, but this air-pass would be more than just seeing sights for me, but would definitely include photography.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think I would pick the following countries: - Romania, Russia, China, USA, Chile, Mexico, Canada, Venezuela, Suriname, Kamchatka, but in all these I would choose small obscure airports where an interesting slice of life may reveal itself. I would need at least 5 rolls of FP4+ for each country.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    France

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Antarctica, Baffin Island, Banks Island, Iceland, Greenland, New Zealand (south) Venice Italia, northern China, northern India, Slovenia

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since I retired I take a planned trip every other month interspersed with unplanned trips, so my bucket list is expanding and decreasing all the time.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm

well

Some place exciting from a photography standpoint that has more than one real camera stores -- places that sell olde film cameras, film, darkroom supplies and so on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about a net "all forms of travel and other expenses" card? In particular, an "all-access" card that would allow me into places/areas that are usually closed to the public (whether it be before or after opening hours, or off-limits areas, or whatever). That would be a lot more useful, since the flights are often the least of my worries. My wish list includes Antarctica, Bolivia (and South America in general), Churchill (Manitoba), Cuba, Iceland, India, Iran, Papua New Guinea, Turkey, and a number of countries in Africa.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    The playboy mansion

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin