Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,527   Posts: 1,543,945   Online: 1099

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Nova Scotia / New Brunswick Canada!! I'm here!

Hey guys, so I'm on a trip and I'm traveling through Nova Scotia and New Brunswick back to the United States, this is sort of one of those trips where I went to see my best friend get married and now I have time to travel, but I'm basically going to be living out of my tent and my car on the way home.

This is me sort of reaching out to see if anybody is interested in getting together to geek out on some film photography, I'm a large-format shooter as well as medium format and regular old tiny format film too.

I also would be interested very much so in having places to maybe take a shower and clean up a little bit, I brought enough clothes to basically make it all the way without having to do any kind of serious laundry or anything, but it certainly would be nice to have a shower every now and then. Even better would be a couch to crash on, but I won't push my luck

Thanks everyone! Hope to maybe meet a few Canadian APUGers!

I'll be up here basically August 1st-15th making my way from Nova Scotia, up and over through New Brunswick and down to Maine.

I tried to put this in the "Canada" forum but it wouldn't let me set up a Nova Scotia or New Brunswick forum head, and the other selections weren't geographically correct. Feel free to do your moderator magic! Maybe we need a "travel notice" forum

Let me know!

~Stone

PS: I don't have phone signal, but will be stopping at wifi spots to check messages here, but you can also email me stoneiiiphotography@gmail.com if that's easier, I do have an iPhone so I can use iMessage as well as Kik app or google handouts, just message me your info and I'll add you on whatever your preferred communication is
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 07-30-2014 at 07:05 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added contact info
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    canadian nights might be cold , get your best sleeping bag. Good luck and bring toilet paper with you And talc An gas oven and canned food not beans If you eat hot food , you find the comfort or whatever you eat cold , your hunger would not cut. Take lots of socls , underwear and deodorant. I hope your car is new. Very long road and its better with a friend and it is safer.

Best of luck , dont stop at the middle of the road to take a picture or other car crashes to your car. Dont forget pain killers.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hey guys, so I'm on a trip and I'm traveling through Nova Scotia and New Brunswick back to the United States, this is sort of one of those trips where I went to see my best friend get married and now I have time to travel, but I'm basically going to be living out of my tent and my car on the way home.

This is me sort of reaching out to see if anybody is interested in getting together to geek out on some film photography, I'm a large-format shooter as well as medium format and regular old tiny format film too.

I also would be interested very much so in having places to maybe take a shower and clean up a little bit, I brought enough clothes to basically make it all the way without having to do any kind of serious laundry or anything, but it certainly would be nice to have a shower every now and then. Even better would be a couch to crash on, but I won't push my luck

Thanks everyone! Hope to maybe meet a few Canadian APUGers!

I'll be up here basically August 1st-15th making my way from Nova Scotia, up and over through New Brunswick and down to Maine.

I tried to put this in the "Canada" forum but it wouldn't let me set up a Nova Scotia or New Brunswick forum head, and the other selections weren't geographically correct. Feel free to do your moderator magic! Maybe we need a "travel notice" forum

Let me know!

~Stone

PS: I don't have phone signal, but will be stopping at wifi spots to check messages here, but you can also email me stoneiiiphotography@gmail.com if that's easier, I do have an iPhone so I can use iMessage as well as Kik app or google handouts, just message me your info and I'll add you on whatever your preferred communication is
    Thanks for the warning Stone .

Hope you enjoy the Maritimes. I've always wanted to visit there, but have never been able to do so. It is, after all, over 2600 miles away (about 200 miles farther than New York would be).

And Umut, the weather forecasts for this week for Frederickton, New Brunswick and Istanbul, Turkey are as follows:

Frederickton: highs vary between 24C and 28C
    Istanbul: highs vary between 25C and 28C

Cold?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the whole point of camping was to get 'away' from it all [especially internet...]

enjoy the trip, and I hope you don't read this till you get back

-Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember a Kids in the Hall episode where the one guy said heterosexuals know as much about homosexuals as Americans know about Canada - like showing up in July with skis.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dasBlute View Post
    I thought the whole point of camping was to get 'away' from it all [especially internet...]

enjoy the trip, and I hope you don't read this till you get back

-Tim
    It's lonely here, my travel friend had trouble getting her passport in time, so on my own
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Let your girlfriend escape to Canada and than escape from Canada to USA with crossing the rivers and forests. A lot of folks did that from even here My boss was telling a story , his friend finds a illegal guide and guide tells him at canadian border , go from here , it is usa. Man found a giant river againts him and dive in to icy water and at the middle of river, shouts let me .... the usa, let me .... the usa
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Let your girlfriend escape to Canada and than escape from Canada to USA with crossing the rivers and forests. A lot of folks did that from even here My boss was telling a story , his friend finds a illegal guide and guide tells him at canadian border , go from here , it is usa. Man found a giant river againts him and dive in to icy water and at the middle of river, shouts let me .... the usa, let me .... the usa
    Not my girlfriend just my friend, and I do my best not to break international laws whenever possible but thanks for the suggestion

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    dont stop at the middle of the road to take a picture or other car crashes to your car.
    Hi Umut

Dont believe everything you see on cine eg

google - car chase Bullit Steve McQueen

They drive worse than that!

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    I remember a Kids in the Hall episode where the one guy said heterosexuals know as much about homosexuals as Americans know about Canada - like showing up in July with skis.
    i remember that episode
    funnt stuff T
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin