Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,048   Online: 1007

deon

Great Basin Desert

Hi All,

For a decade Trish and I have been living in a small town high in the mountains of the Great Basin Desert with the sole intent of creating photographic art. We were both working the commercial world in Portland, Oregon. But, after 9/11 everything seemed to fall apart, so we decided it was time to make art in the desert. The best thing we have ever done!

The Great Basin Desert has the lowest population density in the lower 48 states (one person for every three square miles). Nevada has 314 Mountain Ranges, more than every state in the union except Alaska. This is open wild country with so many photographic possibilities. This is a scary empty place for most folks. But, if you have any interest in this area we would be happy to help out anyone who has an interest.

Best,

Deon Reynolds
    Eureka, Nevada
    http://www.deonreynolds.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a scary empty place for most folks.
    After living two years at remote sites all over Alaska with access only by aircraft, Nevada is probably a good second to the openness many of us enjoy. I appreciate your offer and find it inviting, however, like many things in life it is out of reach with our family member commitments in the opposite end of that spectrum living here So Cal these days.

I took a look at your work awhile back and did enjoy a revisit to that territory after not being up there for almost 10 years back now as I recall. Mostly around GBNP and Ely.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

When I get to the Great Basin, I will look you up.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to hear from you Deon. I have lived in Elko now for over 20 years but I also lived for a long time in Round Mountain. I absolutely love the Great Basin and cannot get enough of it.

I travel around quite a bit with my little Jeep and make it down your way from time to time. I'll drop you a line when I get back down to the Loneliest Highway in the World.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

deon

Nevada

This is a post from my blog last year, you might find some of this of interest.

Deon

http://deonreynolds.wordpress.com/20...blad-501-cm-2/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like your work! I am a city dweller and rarely get to even see the horizon. I am especially jealous of those of you out West.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin