Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,269   Online: 859

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hong Kong

Thanks to the workings of fate, my holiday trip to Hong Kong coincided with the huge democracy protests that have erupted. I've spent the last two days photographing the protesters in Mong Kong and on Hong Kong island (near Admirality). Almost 20 rolls of film shot, all of it black and white because that's what I can process at home. My color film has to be done in a lab and since I live in China, sending film like that in is NOT going to happen. I also normally send my black and white negatives in for scanning, since I do not have nor know how to operate a film scanner. Again, THAT isn't going to happen in China since these photographs are of a VERY sensitive topic.

So sadly, it will be a looooong time before I can properly view my images.

On the plus side, my duo of Fuji GF670 and GF670W are EXCELLENT reportage cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess you can print them or get a scanner.

Otherwise see you in few years once you are a free man again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contact labs in HK, I bet they can do it and send you a thumb drive back. Color Six on Wellington St is what I use. If that doesn't work, send them to me and I will do it for you.

The world needs to see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark my words.....democracy is coming to China in our lifetime......the people have had it with Communism.......fight the good fight and take lots of pictures. You will have failed if you dont blow through all of your film there. The world needs to see....the people waking up.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 5.6 Symmar in a Synchro Compur
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    buy a cheap scanner. 6x7 film will still look pretty good. basic scanning is as easy as making a photocopy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Try Tung Fong Photo - ph: 852-2384 7198 - I got this from a friend, he has used them before but thinks they may have moved since he last used them, so call and verify that A: they're still open, and B: what is their current address.

Shooter
    35mm
    No commies in China. The leadership is a collection of Nazis who will cling to power over every Chinese persons' dead bodies, if need be. Wake up and smell the cordite.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The same friend who passed me the name of the lab STRONGLY recommended that you have the film processed/printed/scanned in HK, then ship the film home to someone in the US who can keep it for you, because the PRC customs/border control people will be aggressively searching for anything relating to the HK protests and seizing it. Best to keep any copies of scans on an external thumb drive or CD that you can easily surrender, instead of having your laptop confiscated.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

The film may be the least of your worries...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananm...otests_of_1989

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be careful, on a T.V. news show last night showed footage that the Chinese authorities are using drones to do surveillance on the crowds to identify them.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin