Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,019   Online: 813

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Visiting Oklahoma City

I'll be visiting Oklahoma City next week for business, and I'll need to take a number of photos inside a factory I'm visiting. Can anyone point me to a good camera store when I can pick up some Fujicolour 800 or 1600?

I figure that I'm not likely to get a hand inspection at the airport, so I'd rather travel without film and buy it locally than have to argue with the trained muppets at airport security.

Craig

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I'll be visiting Oklahoma City next week for business, and I'll need to take a number of photos inside a factory I'm visiting. Can anyone point me to a good camera store when I can pick up some Fujicolour 800 or 1600?

I figure that I'm not likely to get a hand inspection at the airport, so I'd rather travel without film and buy it locally than have to argue with the trained muppets at airport security.

Craig
    Try: http://www.eppersonphoto.com/

If you have time, you might want to visit the photography museum.
    See http://www.iphf.org/

Cheers

David

Shooter
    Large Format

OKC Dealers

There are two places that may have the specific film you want.
    Epperson Photo is one. Their number is (405) 943.1047 They have gone almost entirely digital in the camera department, but stock largest supply of films. 35mm, (mostly Kodak and Ilford) some 120 format and 4x5 is only sheet size, in black and white only.
    Pipkin Photo (405) 524.1461 With even less. Fairly good supply of various 35mm films. Again, mostly Kodak and Ilford.
    If you are wanting Fuji specifically, I would recommend figuring out some way to bring it with you. Unfortunately OKC is not real film-friendly. You might call ahead and verify, but I am afraid you may not find much here as far as Fuji pro films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the tips. I think I'll try my luck bringing film through the airport and see what happens. If they insist on X ray then at least I have some sources in OKC.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin