Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,358   Online: 1193

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Bay Area Accomodations

All,

I will be in the Bay Area May 19 and 20 and I would like suggestions on where I could stay. I was thinking possibly around the Petaluma or Sonoma area, so I could be close to the city, without having to be in the city, and so I could get to Oakland on the 21st easily. Since I am recenly unemployed (as of May 13th) I don't want a very expensive place to stay.

Additionally, I need a source where I can easily purchase 4"x5" Fuji Velvia 50 in QuickLoads.

Also, if any area APUG members would like to get together, that would be a lot of fun. I'll be leaving the Bay Area on the 21st to drive to Portland for the Per Volquartz workshop - I'm very excited about this.

Thanks,
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert, I don't know if you got my email. Lots of good places near me. GEARY can we use this as an excuse to have another bay area party? I will help pay for the food that you so expertly cook. Che (tomtom) you need to PM robert about film you carry.
    Robert I will take one of those days and show you all my favorite haunts in Napa valley. I will even drag you kicking and screaming to see the Ansel Adams gallery at one of the wineries that has a permenat display of close to 50 prints at any one time. They also have a very good rotating gallery of other newer artists. Since I don't drink, you can happily take pictures and sample to your hearts content.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    There is a Calumet store in SF that would probably stock Velvia. Probably should call them to confirm, though.

Jon

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hey, if there's a bay area get-together, keep me in the loop. i've been crazy busy (possibly buying the place i'm renting) but need a good excuse to shoot (the bull, and film).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Aggie, I will take you up on your Napa offer. I'm flying into SFO at around 6am on the 19th and am planning on going to buy film as soon as I get there - I will need 3 boxes of Velvia 50 and 1 box of Acros in QuickLoad. I'll get back to you as soon as I have hotel reservations; it would be great to meet some of the Bay Area APUG group.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The third week in May is graduation time for UC Berkeley, so staying in the East Bay (Berkeley/Oakland/Albany/El Cerrito) wouldn't be easy. It should be saner out Petaluma way. (There's a school of thought that says it always is...). For film, you have Calumet in SF, or Looking Glass in Berkeley. I like Looking Glass - good stock, pleasant people, 15 minutes from my office, and they open weekends.

I should be available in the evenings on the 19th/20th, though I am preparing for an open studio on the first weekend of June now. I will be frantic by the 20th!
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    May 19th and 20th are two days you can get really inexpensive weekday rates near me. It would also put you near Geary's house, and HINT HINT I hope we can plan a get together there, or the place I am thinking about will have the space for all of us to do a party there in their conference room. Hopefully I will have the Jim Chinn camera by then as well and can show it to everyone.
    Non Digital Diva

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin