Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,370   Online: 807

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    There's Central Camera on Wabash. Is that the one?
    That's the one! They'll have pretty much everything you need. They don't necessarily have absolutely every film, but they'll help you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David,
    You might want to consider a guided boat ride on the Chicago River. You'll learn quite a bit about Chicago's history and see some really nice architecture. I live in the Chicago area, please IM me if I can help with any particulars.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's also Helix. Used to be a major player & is now downsizing. Their main store is at 310 S. Racine. On the corner of Racine & Jackson. 1 block N. of the EL stop at Racine.
    They did have saturday hours & a decent darkroom dept. It's been a while since I've been there so you may want to check their hours.
    It's Also just a couple of blocks W. of Greektown, You could have a nice lunch & pay them a visit.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 05-04-2005 at 11:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

god trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    Columbia's photo gallery has a current exhibition of either Friedlander or Winnogrand up now. Google search to get details. It is right on Michigan Ave at about Jackson I believe, just a few blocks south of the Art Institute.
    It was Friedlander! This was one block from where my meeting was, so I saw the exhibit with no problem.

Visited Central Camera. They still have a lot of analog stuff. Film, paper, chemistry. There is nothing like them in Dallas.

Did the Art Institute, although the Chagall windows were down and there was no photography up last week. All the other signature pieces were there.

Didn't see Frank Lloyd Wright's own house in Oak Park, but did tour the Robie House in Hyde Park (near the Museum of Science and the U. of Chicago).

Didn't get a cheeborger, but did have a brat. Also ate at the Berghoff, and Harry Carey's!!

Great trip in spite of lousy weather. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Cheers y'all.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never mind the cheeborger, you gotta have a Vienna Red Hot (dog) or three. With everything, of course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin